Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SURE SIGNAL V2 NOT WORKING

susanhogg49
2: Seeker

HELLO

I've had a sure signal at my mothers house as she gets a poor mobile signal. Even though it was registered in my name with me as the admin user and her number registered as a 'user' I've never been able to get my iphone to respond to the box. It's always worked for her though bizarrely. Therefore, have de-registered in my name and now under hers it's now not working for either of us. Please help. This is the V2 box. The red light shines as does is the left of the two lights (showing the signal). The serial number is 40111056228. She has a ten meg connection on her broadband so no issue there. Can someone help me (from Vodafone)? I have reset the box and it makes zero difference.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I'm a customer like you but may I offer up this advice. 

My-sure-signal-has-stopped-working-what-should-I-do.

And Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting Look at the Issue Not Listed and repost your trace for the Tech Team to look at.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your post. The power is fine.

I've reposted as suggested that someone from Vodafone tech responds.

susanhogg49

The issue you’re experiencing:

HELLO

I've had a sure signal at my mothers house as she gets a poor mobile signal. Even though it was registered in my name with me as the admin user and her number registered as a 'user' I've never been able to get my iphone to respond to the box. It's always worked for her though bizarrely. Therefore, have de-registered in my name and now under hers it's now not working for either of us. Please help. This is the V2 box. The red light shines as does is the left of the two lights (showing the signal). The serial number is 40111056228. She has a ten meg connection on her broadband so no issue there. Can someone help me (from Vodafone)? I have reset the box and it makes zero difference.

What light sequence you're seeing: Red light on. Signal light next to it showing (constant)

Speed of connection: 10megs

Your external IP address: 5.64.204.57

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40111056228

The results of a traceroute.

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    30 ms    31 ms    30 ms  be381.pr2.hobir.isp.sky.com [2.120.8.150]
  4    30 ms    30 ms    33 ms  ae51.edge3.London15.Level3.net [212.187.193.185]
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    39 ms    51 ms    29 ms  212.187.195.178
  8    30 ms    30 ms    30 ms  ae12-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.28.26]
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

@susanhogg49 - I've checked your Sure Signal and it looks like there's been a location move.

You'll need to update the information in your dashboard. Once that's been done, reset your Sure Signal and everything should be fine.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your message. I have been trying for the last six months to update my address that my Sure Signal is registered to but without success. Every time i get the following error:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1011 - [2a1]

This is incredibly frustrating but then without sounding rude My Vodafone is unstable at the best of times.

@susanhogg49 - If you're having issues updating the address online, speak to the Technical team so they can update the details directly.