Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SURESIGNAL COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT - £100 WASTED

EddieManchester
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well the saga goes on and it really is a WASTE OF LIFE.

You will hear customers say they have been through the 191 circus for hours ....and you think, exaggeration!

Nope..it's all true. 191, enter your pin, then go 2, 2, 2 and 5 for sure signal ...you WILL get through to suresignal support. But WHAT is this support ? ...Let me tell you what it is.. A buffer point for customers with issues. you will be answered by varios pleasant people ..from India, Scotland, Egypt ..etc ..I have been collecting names ! ..I have SEVENTEEN! ,,,,thats right ...SEVENTEEN!!!
If you moan enough you may get a "call back in 24 hours from a manager"..this may even happen ...the problem is if you have issues with reception (well you have bought a suresignal ...you probably wont get it) ...perhaps you will get through to first or second line technical support. Who will give you various canned options ...Reboot Suresignal, Wait an Hour and Reboot, or we are escalting it to this "mysterious back room" ....you know the one you cant actually speak to ...but i am told they do exist :Sad_face:

So what is this mammoth task i have asked of Vodafone ? ..Well because reception in this area is so bad i was told to stick my hand in my pocket and pay £100 for this suresignal ...not free no, I would have to pay ...so I swallowed that and bought it ..well i didnt have much choice  as me and my wife are now on contracts :Sad_face:

So it took a WEEK to get me onto SureSignal and it worked for a few days ...but my wife STILL cant get on ...apparently it has to be done MANUALLY by the technical team. But today ...I LOST my suresignal too ...now we are both off again ...I went on to the inline chat and after (the usual these days) ...20 minute wait, i was told someone would call me and they did and this time they told me to call this mysterious 20304 option 2. And can you believe it ...they told me that this number is for VODAFONE employees only and terminated the call 

Now as i type this I am again on the phone and got through to second line support and apparently despite having had the suresignal working and all the ports opened and checked the think it cannot see the internet ...

when will this nightmare end !! its not like I am a tech dummy i sell and configure Cisco VOIP and Data systems for a living 

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @EddieManchester

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Laura

peterrid
4: Newbie
Yes I have had similar problems, wasted a huge amount of time and got nowhere after 3 months of trying. I am an IT pro too.

Worst experience of my life. The only answer is to leave Vodfone.

Couldn't agree more! I myself was misold the not so sure signal... was a waste of time and money. Then if you choose not to use it for a long period then it gets suspended and can't be reconnected! I have put up with 5 years of having to keep saying pardon to my callers then call them back when signal drops out in a rural area. I have now changed suppliers and get a perfect signal and can hear what people are saying to me. This sure signal is a nonsense and not at all necessary as proved by other suppliers!

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @peterrid and @Blat56 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

Blat56
Hi Sarah,
Your above response says it all really.... you have obviously not read or understood what I had wrote!

He is right Sarah

and its not just the SureSignal

Porting my (and my wifes number) over took 

AFTER supplying the PAC number

Me = 8 Days

Wife = 15 Days

Online Support via Engagement window is frustrating to say least
Long waits to have to go over it all again and again and again

THIS is the core of the problem.

As a customer seeking support you should NOT have to go over the same issue with over 10 people (in my case 17) to get it sorted. A REAL unified support system should be in place with notes that all operatives can see.

I would have presumed you would have one ...If you Have ...how come no-one uses it?

and its the promises and lies to get you off the phone or chat....The goal should be to resolve customers issues and NOT to stop them asking questions and get them off the line ASAP to fulfill some commission or award based stats ....I mean this might NOT be the case ...but I am under the impression SOMETHING motivates the "overseas" support team to operate the way they do .

Perhaps the Operating Manual they adhere to is thus:

1. Smile when speaking
2. Apologise a Lot
3. Put customer on hold at least 3 times so they can think that there are droves working on their issue

4. If they complain that its taken a week .. tell them you have escalated them to a callback

5. If they get even angrier tell them a manager will call them back
6. If they start to go ballistic and asking for a REAL email address to complain or start talking about OFCOM then tell them the "back room boys" are on it as a priority or give them one of a myriad of 5 digit internal phone numbers

7. Ask them is there anything else that you can do for them 

PS. If they ask for your name: Choose something exotic with cyrillic or middle eastern inflection, They will be too embarassed to ask for your name again and wont understand it anyway and so can't write it down 

It all sounds funny, doesnt it ....but it FEELS SO REAL 

anyway ..I am up and running, the wife is up and running ..until the next time :Smiling:

Sounds very familiar but you forgot to mention the "La La" song. This is the song they sing whilst putting their fingers in the ears while you explain the situation. Vodafone SureSignal support is so bad that it is actually evil. It cannot be by accident it absolutely has to be by design. They do not deserve our business. I feel sorry for the countless victims who have, and who will make the mistake of using Vodafone and SureSignal. If you are reading this and considering Vodafone SS then DONT!

Hi guys,

@Blat56 – So we can look into this and see what’s happened with the Sure Signal being suspended, speak to our Live help team.

@EddieManchester – I’m sorry to hear of the porting issues that you’ve been having.

Can you let me know if the issues with the Sure Signal have been resolved?

If not, please take a look at the trouble shooting guide and post the results so we can help.

@peterrid – So we can help with the Sure Signal issues, please let us know the light sequence you can see when using the device, and follow the steps on the trouble shooting guide.

Cheers,

Laura

Blat56
What a bunch of jokers Vodafone staff show themselves to be. For the second time in this thread my post has clearly not been read or understood!!