Ask

Solution

Sagem Sure Signal and BTHH3

rookie2013
2: Seeker

Ref:  New HH3 and SS Sagem

Hi,

Have spent a lot of time looking at the many threads on this.  Seems there are issues and different ways forward so thought I'd see if you could point me in the right direction rather than start messing around with all the different solutions posted!

I have a Sagem Sure Signal box, serial no 21230526267 and a BTHH 3.  Up until a fortnight ago I had a HH2 and everything worked fine.  Since installing the HH3 I have not got the SS to work.  I am at the same address.

The @ will flash green and then go solid for a few minutes, then the 'tick' will flash for a minute.  After this it reverts to the the power light being green and repeats the above sequence.  This will go on for hours+ but it never holds either the @ or 'tick'.

I have left it for more than 24hours several times to go through these cycles, it will usually end up just showing the power light as green and not seem to do anything else.

I have reset both the HH and SS (factory) several times.

I have gone into the HH settings and under advance settings/port forwarding selected the HH (Mac add) and allowed it/applied.  This action is confirmed.

This is as far as I have got.  Do you have a stepbystep for HH3, I imagine it is the same for everyone with HH3?  The guides on your forum I've found are dated 2010 and so this would not be uptodate for HH3.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I've been through many steps now to get a successfully working Sagem Sure Signal and BT HH3, in my case most were not correct or in the correct order.  I started over with factory resets on both items and then the steps below today.  Took a few hours but worked.

I have put them in an order that I would now go through if I was starting from scratch, ie just with a new HH3.

1. Call BT broadband to get the Sure Signal configured on HH3,

• your HH3 is accessed via http://192.168.1.254/. and worth having on screen before calling (will need password)
  • BT from a landline: 0800 111 4567
  • BT from a mobile: 0330 123 4567

They will configure via remote desktop, it takes about 15mins and they have understanding and procedures in place.  They required some info about ports which can be found in the second post on this link:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Need-BT-Home-Hub-3-alternative-so-i-can-use-QoS-...

Worth noting down what they do to the HH3 settings as if you have to do a factory reset in the future the settings would be lost.

2. If it is just a new HH3 and not a house move then ask on this forum Vodafone to reset/configure SS from their end.

3. It took over an hour for lights to begin flashing and then another hour for it to configure (approx.)

That's it.  Hope this might help some and keeps it simple.

Thanks to all Vodafone Tech Team.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rookie2013,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for prompt reply.  I did notice after my first post my SS box flashed all lights for about 30mins and then for about 10mins I had a solid @ but no 'tick'.  It has now reverted to a flashing @ and no 'tick'

The BBand speeds are actually better than I have had previously (!!), and the SS worked well.

Here are the details you requested.

Dwnld 1.5Mb

Upld .35Mb

Ping 45ms

Jitter 7ms

Packet Loss 1%

Grade B

IP 217.43.174.182

SS Serial 21230526267

Trace

C:\Users\home>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]   2    33 ms    33 ms    33 ms  217.41.191.186   3    33 ms    32 ms    33 ms  217.47.41.193   4    38 ms    37 ms    37 ms  213.1.69.110   5    37 ms    37 ms    38 ms  31.55.164.103   6    73 ms    79 ms    37 ms  31.55.164.247   7    37 ms    37 ms    36 ms  31.55.164.109   8    36 ms    37 ms    36 ms  acc2-10GigE-0-2-0-5.bm.21cn-ipp.bt.net [109.159. 248.234]   9    44 ms    62 ms    43 ms  core2-te0-13-0-4.ealing.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.2 48.138]  10    41 ms    40 ms    41 ms  peer1-xe11-1-0.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [109.159. 254.112]  11    44 ms    43 ms    42 ms  LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]  12    43 ms    43 ms    42 ms  85.205.116.6  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Hi richard, 

Everything looks ok - have you checked your MTU settings?

• Find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model of router so you’ll need to hunt around for it. 
  • Change the value of the MTU size to 1500 
  • Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Your speeds, IP and Ping all look ok but your Sure Signal hasn't updated with us since March 29th so I've forced this through for you now - reboot your unit and let me know how you get on.

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Paul 

Hi PaulE,

Glad everything looks ok from the results I sent in, however having left the SS overnight I am back to where I started with a solid green power light only!

In reply to your last point, the MTU on the BTHH3 is set at 1500 and from what I have been able to discover so far it is fixed at that.

When I recieved your post yesterday I saw the SS box lit up for a while, and then it would hold the @ for a time whilst flashing the 'tick', but as I said it is now just showing green power.

I feel it must be a setting on the HH3 as with the HH2 everthing was fine.  So do I need to call BT and what should I be asking them? 

I see many people talk about port settings (fixing) on the HH and this seems to solve issues, but am I correct in thinking that if you are happy with the results I sent in then everything should work?

Finally could/can you check that this SS is properly associated with my account?  I recently went from an account that was shared with my partner to one soley registered to myself.  Thanks.

Best regards

Richard

Hi RIchard, 

It might be worth trying the Port Clamping - log into your router admin page and select port clamping.

Once this has been selected restart your router and Sure Signal.

If this doesn't work then you'll need to check with BT to see if they can shed any light

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't been around and able to contact BT this past few weeks.  However I have now and they have done their thing with the port allocation on the HH3 (8,50,123,500,4500).  They did say the port clamping was not an option they would suggest as this only works with fixed IP address and as a residential customer I have a dynamic IP!?

Would you please see if you can see my Sure Signal box and if there is anything you can do, reset, on your side to complete the process.

Best regards

Richard

Hi rookie2013, 

To make sure everything is as up-to-date as possible, I’ve just resynced your device for you so, can you perform a factory reset:-

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
Once all lights display release the reset button.
The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this makes no difference please try your Sure Signal on a different Internet connection (friend/family members) so that we can rule out a fault with the Sure Signal itself. 

Let me know how you get on.

Kay

Hi,

I've been through many steps now to get a successfully working Sagem Sure Signal and BT HH3, in my case most were not correct or in the correct order.  I started over with factory resets on both items and then the steps below today.  Took a few hours but worked.

I have put them in an order that I would now go through if I was starting from scratch, ie just with a new HH3.

1. Call BT broadband to get the Sure Signal configured on HH3,

• your HH3 is accessed via http://192.168.1.254/. and worth having on screen before calling (will need password)
  • BT from a landline: 0800 111 4567
  • BT from a mobile: 0330 123 4567

They will configure via remote desktop, it takes about 15mins and they have understanding and procedures in place.  They required some info about ports which can be found in the second post on this link:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Need-BT-Home-Hub-3-alternative-so-i-can-use-QoS-...

Worth noting down what they do to the HH3 settings as if you have to do a factory reset in the future the settings would be lost.

2. If it is just a new HH3 and not a house move then ask on this forum Vodafone to reset/configure SS from their end.

3. It took over an hour for lights to begin flashing and then another hour for it to configure (approx.)

That's it.  Hope this might help some and keeps it simple.

Thanks to all Vodafone Tech Team.

rookie2013

Hi Vf Tech Support,

Had some problems with HH3 and Sagem Sure Signal in the recent past.  Got it working by getting the fix steps in the right order, see last part of this post.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sagem-Sure-Signal-and-BTHH3/m-p/1483620/highligh...

Had to factory reset HH3 a few weeks back and only today got round to sorting out the SS.  My HH3 manager suggests the SS is connected, would you please reset/config from your end please.

Cheers, Richard