Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Sure Signal incompatible

RichardSharpeVF
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all

We have a Sure Signal in one of our DataCentres and some of our staff have updated to Samsung Galaxy Note 4's. Since moving to the Galaxy Note 4 the Sure Signal is not providing any signal for the users with the Galaxy Note 4's. The Sure Signal still works for other members of staff with their existing phones (iPhone 5 etc) so it doesn't look like the Sure Signal has broken.

We've tried re-registering the Sure Signal, it's been removed from site and re-installed, and we've removed and added the users in question with the Galaxy Note 4's, but nothing seems to work.

Grateful if someone could advise please - we can get a new sure signal from Company Phones if required, but need to know what the issue is and what will resolve it.

Thanks,

Rich

18 REPLIES 18

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RichardSharpeVF 

Usually a new SIM after upgrade means the user(s) would need to be removed, before being nominated again. 

As you've said you've already done that, I'd try deregistering the Sure Signal completely. After 5-10 minutes, you can then register it again. This will force it to look for the new hardware, if their SIM cards have been updated.

Failing that, please post your Sure Signal serial number so we can see if there's been any nomination errors.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben

Thanks for the udpate, the serial number for this Sure Signal is 40132208840. It's been de-registered and re-registered so if you could check whether there have been any errors that would be great.

Thanks and regards,

Richard

Hi @RichardSharpeVF 

I can see that Sure Signal’s not been registered recently.

Please follow the process as advised by Ben.

If you need further help, our Live help team is available.

Thanks,

Sarah

Thanks Sarah - I was told this had been completed...but have asked my colleagues to double check.

Update to follow :Smiling:

Hi both

I've checked and the Sure Signal has been re-registered, as per this screenshot:

RS150226 Sure Signal serial registered.png

It also has our 3 staff numbers added to it:

RS150226 Sure Signal numbers registered.png

I called and spoke to my colleague Darryl yesterday afternoon while he was at this site, which has no Vodafone Mobile signal inside the building at all. His personal phone - a Samsung Galaxy S5 - works on the Sure Signal, but his work phone - a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - doesn't work. Nor does my colleague Iain's Note 4.

Hope this clarifies what we've done with the Sure Signal, grateful for your thoughts!!

Thanks and regards,

Richard

Hi @RichardSharpeVF,

I can confirm that the Note 4 is compatible as I've tested it with my own personal Note 4.

Please switch the phones off and back on when in range of the Sure Signal. This should then allow the Sure Signal to pick up the phones.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt

Power cycling was one of the first troubleshooting steps we completed, along with trying to operate the Note 4 in 3G mode. The Notes were put in to flight mode then back into normal operation, which also had no effect.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi @RichardSharpeVF,

The power cycling would need to be done after the point of de-registering and re-registering the numbers.

If you've done this please get in touch with us here.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi,

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  I've had a SureSignal 3 since 2013, and it worked fine with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  I upgraded my phone in December 2014 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  The Note 4 worked fine with the SureSIgnal straight away, and continued to do so until yesterday.  Yesterday morning, it just stopped working.

The SureSignal shows a steady internet light, and a steady  in-service light.  The in-use light is not lit.  My phone does not connect to the SureSignal any more, so the signal is non-existent.  The phone is able to connect to the normal Vodafone network when I am away from my home, where there is a reasonable signal.

I tried de-registering the SureSignal, waiting for three hours, and then re-registering it.  I also tried restarting my phone after the re-registration of the SureSignal, and still the Note 4 will not get its signal from the SureSignal.

I'd be very grateful if someone could assist me with this issue.  

Tom