Samsung galaxy s6 edge won't connect to my sure signal box

gazsteele79
2: Seeker
Can anyone please help ?
11 REPLIES 11

stsgecoach35
4: Newbie
I'm the same my Samsung Galaxy s6 won't connect through my sure signal any help would be very much appreciated thanks

glynnroche
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Mine too - although it is just an S6 and not an Edge

Vodafone Sure Signal support just advised on this. In my case I had a SIM swap as the S6 uses the nano SIM. 

Swapping SIM changes the IMSI for your phone subscription and, while the main mobile network can detect it immediately, the systems controlling Sure Signal are not so quick (or maybe will not automatically adapt to the new IMSI).

If your subcription is the "owner" of the Sure Signal then, to overcome the problem they have to remove the association between your IMSI and the Sure Signal and then re-add it. All should then be OK after an hour or so.

I think you might need to call customer service to get them to do this...

stsgecoach35
Did customer services sort it out for you glynn Roche because I'm the owner of the sure signal

Yes, it works fine.

It took about 2 hours to come into service but I understand it can take longer.

stsgecoach35
Phone customer serviced still hasn't solved the problem have to contact them again

Hi everyone,

Have a chat with our Live help team who’ll be happy to help you with this.

Thanks,

Sarah

haighbecca
I have had my phone for a week now and have been told all week, "24 hours znd restart " still not working!

@haighbecca wrote:
I have had my phone for a week now and have been told all week, "24 hours znd restart " still not working!

As part of the process I got at least one email from Vodafone with headings like "Update to your Vodafone Sure Signal" while they did the work to reconfigure my Sure Signal. If the owner of your Sure Signal is not getting similar emails then it is possible that Customer Service are just giving the standard "wait and see" response...

Might be worth confirming they are reconfiguring your Sure Signal....