Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Second Hand Sure Signal Needs De-registering

clarrky
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have purchased a 2nd hand sure signal from ebay and have just tried to add it to my vodafone account.

I am getting an error saying that it is already registered.

Please can you de-register it so that I can add it to my account.

THe Serial number is 40121444547

Many Thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello clarrky

Due to data protection, the only person who can deregister the devise is the person who had the Sure Signal registered to their account.

You will need to contact the person you purchased the Sure Signal from and ask that person to contact Vodafone to have it deregistered.

If you cannot contact the person, you would be unable to deregister the Sure Signal.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS

Hello clarrky

Due to data protection, the only person who can deregister the devise is the person who had the Sure Signal registered to their account.

You will need to contact the person you purchased the Sure Signal from and ask that person to contact Vodafone to have it deregistered.

If you cannot contact the person, you would be unable to deregister the Sure Signal.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The original owner needs to request that it is deregistered so get in touch with the person from whom you purchased it and they will need to either deregister it in their account or post on the eForum if they have left Vodafone.  As you aren't the original owner, Vodafone won't be able to assist you.

PWIAC

zk1988
1: Seeker

Hi,

I also purchased a second hand sure signal with serial number 40111103244. The previous owner is no longer with Vodafone.

How do I have it de-registered so that I can register it?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi zk1988,

For security reasons the original owner will need to de register it.

Please get in touch with them.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

The original owner is no longer with Vodafone. Please explain how they can de-register the device?

Surely Vodafone has a more reasonable process for doing this???

AnnS

@zk1988 wrote:

Hi Gemma,

The original owner is no longer with Vodafone. Please explain how they can de-register the device?

Surely Vodafone has a more reasonable process for doing this???

Even if the original owner is no longer a Vodafone customer, Customer Services will still be able to locate the account and deregister the Sure Signal.

All the original owner has to do is to call Vodafone, pass data protection questions and you will be able to register the device to your account.

My friend has been trying to do this for me through her account, however, Vodafone are putting up so many obstacles ...... she gave it to me as I have a child with a heart condition..... it had not been used for a couple of years so it should be de-registered (according to vodafone advice online) yet they are blocking us from re-registering. I refuse to pay £100 to get a service that they said was available in my rural area......

I hope you manage to sort this out..

Azizza1308

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Azizza1308 ,

If the Sure Signal hasn't been used for 12 months, the licence is revoked permanently. This is in line with Section 3 of the Ts&Cs your friend had at the time of purchase.

If you'd rather not buy a new one, please check our coverage maps. We add any planned updates up to 90 days before work takes place on there.

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben,
Thank you for informing me of this, after so much contact with Vodafone, I am to say the least somewhat surprised that not one of your advisers informed my daughters godmother. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that when I persnally spoke with your team I was advised to buy second hand as this was a cheaper option. This just reinforces my decision not to renew my contract with Vodafone ...... When selling your services to the customer under the guise that you can provide services in rural areas is very bad business practise... What is your responsibility is to inform customers that they will only get a services if they part with a further £100.00 ..... Advice to customer don't buy second hand and the rest is individuals choice.......