Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Second hand Sure signal

kw1816
2: Seeker

Hi,

I've just bought a second hand Sure Signal and after reading through some of the threads I'm a bit confused. I've tried to register it and got the message:

"Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, The serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again."

I've contacted the seller who called Vodafone (he is no longer a customer and doesn't have an account online) who told him that as he was no longer a customer his account had been deleted and he can't de-register the Sure signal.

The Sure Signal serial number is 40110708290, can anything be done ?

Many Thanks

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7

kw1816
Anyone ?

I don't think you can register a second hand SureSignal. I was offered one and couldn't get it to work or the same reasons you described. Vodafone support said they are usually permanently deactivated when the associated account goes dead.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there kw1816,

Thanks for your post.

I've taken a look into this and can see your VSS was de-registered and has since been re-registered on 27/06/12.

I can see since it's been re-registered it has yet to make a connection with our servers. My instinct tells me to ask you to wait until midday tomorrow to see if a connection can be established.

In the meantime, could I ask that you have a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread for the symptoms that best match what you are seeing and try the steps on the first page of the corresponding thread? If after this time you're still having trouble then please post in that thread with the results of the following:

Trace Route Command

• On a PC click on Start and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and hit enter/ok
  • In the black box, type tracert 212.183.133.177 and press enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply

Cheers,

Lee

I am having the same problem.

I bought a seond hand sure signal, and it says its registered somewhere else.

the serial no is 40111040222

. Is there anything you can do?

Hi GreenTelephones,

If a Sure Signal is already registered to someone else when you buy it second hand, then you need to contact the original owner and get them to request de-registration as for security reasons we can only do this on their instruction.

If they say they no longer have a Vodafone number, then they can still provide the details of the old one the Sure Signal was registered to.

Dave

I have also just bought a second hand Sure Signal 3 which the owner claims has been deregistered. When I try to re register it I get a message saying it has already been registered. The serial number is 40132743721. Thanks. Al

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@alasdairdow wrote:
I have also just bought a second hand Sure Signal 3 which the owner claims has been deregistered. When I try to re register it I get a message saying it has already been registered. The serial number is 40132743721. Thanks. Al

You have just reacivated a thread which is more than a year old.

When you use the search facility of the forum, you can usually find the answer to a question.

Vodafone cant help you here.  Only the person who has the device registered to their account can get it deregistered.

Your only option is to go back to the seller and ask the seller to contact Vodafone to make the request.