Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Shocking customer experience

lucycharman
1: Seeker

Dear Vodafone Manager

I have a less than useless Vodafone signal in my  home. It has been worse since last November. I initially spoke via chat and then on a call to the technical team who talked me though my phone settings and  to switch off 3G roaming etc and reset the device  and advised me that there was no reported “fault” in my area. On escalating this during my complaint I advised THEM that there is definitely a fault as there is a transmitter located in a field that belongs to my friend that is out of action and is currently supposedly running from a pair of diesel generators – which hardly ever run. We can see this clearly and we KNOW it is a problem. Only after stating this to the technical team did they admit there was a problem and that an Engineer would be out to fix it the next day. That was in January and it is still not fixed. I regularly drive past the field where the generator is sited.

I have spent since January trying to get my signal improved and in doing so have been met with such a poor and fragmented approach to customer service that I feel it necessary to relay the entire process to enlighten the management team within Vodafone  about the “customer Experience” they are giving people.

After many conversations and a lot of frustration due to being passed from Pillar to post we finally agree I should receive a sure signal box. However – even though it is clear that If I were a normal new customer I could order this online and have it delivered to my home, the lack of unity across Vodafone means that this is impossible from customer services. Apparently there is absolutely NO WAY that an irate customer can be helped and placated by an internal order or a sure box – being sent to a customer through the mail. What you ask your already irate customer to do is to drive in my case 20 or 30 mile round trip depending on the store, wasting more of THEIR time and THEIR money, and go and PAY £100 for the Free box, and then you might feel like crediting the account. THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE you need to amend your process and add a FOC box and delivery to your system for customer service (any one of the many different customer teams that you have) to access and order for delivery.

Not only do you do this – but when I finally give in and say I will drive to collect it – NOT ONE DEPARTMENT – SALES / CUSTOMER SERVICE etc is willing to contact the local stores and find out where there is stock…. AGAIN – I am told that I have to find out. – Surely this is categorically wrong.

The technical team do not want to admit faults and only when pushed with evidence will they admit. They then fob you off saying they will text when the signal is fixed – knowing that the engineers cannot fix the fault.

Online Chat – The online chat system is a brilliant idea – and could work well – however the level of understanding by a mainly foreign team of operators sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. In my case they were no help at all. On the 6 or 7 times I have contacted them, they have not once been able to help with anything, always having to put me through to a different department.

Talking of different departments – WHY is a number that is associated with a customer service team (Business, Consumer or the “new system team” – which apparently I am looked after by, WHY cant the system recognise who you should be talking to – rather than being transferred multiple times by multiple agents – all of which just want to get you off their phone and onto someone elses, all of whom want you to verify your secutrity questions – despite having done it 5 times already that call and all of whom want an explanation of the problem – rather than reading the notes on the account – which by the way don’t often appear to actually be updated.

Having worked with customer service and training teams for some of the largest consumer electrical products suppliers, I am shocked at this appalling service. If I wasn’t mid contract and thought I could cancel without incurring even more expense I would cancel my contract immediately. The worst thing is that a number of my neighbours have experienced the very same issues and appalling level of service.

So in summary – This poor signal has not only impacted my ability to work from home and actually conduct daily calls for both work and personal reasons, but has also cost me at least 3 hours on chat, 4+ hour on the phone, and I still have not received anything to help. I am still waiting for a solution to the singal issue and am so angry and frustrated that I cannot bear to contact another department.

PLEASE can someone tell me when I can collect – or even better – when a FREE Sure signal box can be delivered to my home? I would also love to know what steps Vodafone UK is going to take to improve what is a terrible system. It is easy for departments to become disparate when a company grows quickly – but all of these issues need addressing.

Lucy Charman

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lucycharman 

I'm sorry to see you've struggled with your signal.

If we're aware of an issue, you'll be able to register for updates via our Network Status Checker.

If there aren't any details there, please use Step 6 in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

As Sure Signal is designed for customers who are in areas with little or no coverage permanently, there is a charge. As with any hardware, the cost involved to make, maintain and licence the units means we can't give them out for free. 

Due to recent press coverage of our Rural Sure Signal work, we've had high demand for the devices, and don't have any stock in. Apologies if you were looking to purchase one.

We can review your line rental charges against your usage, once the service returns to your area. You can find out more about this in Section 10 of your Ts&Cs.

Thanks,

Ben

So - this gets worse - You didnt look at the details either! I have been promised a Sure signal FOC - all I need to be told is which of my local branches has one in stock, after 2 months of trying to sort this problem out-  it is no wonder that the majority of people seem to be moving to EE.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @lucycharman 

The stores are unable to give out hardware free. If it's been agreed that you'd somehow get a free device, please speak to us on Live help so we can check your account notes.

We can also arrange the order from there, or email a store manager for stock availability if you need to purchase one locally instead.

Our eForum guide outlines that we're unable to view or discuss account details here. This is covered under the heading 'Your Use of the Vodafone eForum'

Thanks,

Ben