Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signal drops on handset when I move away from the Sure Signal box

Rusky_123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help!!

I have two Samsung Galaxy SIII handsets, the main one works briliantly (main user) with Sue Signal but my other handset (registered, deregisterd, registered x 5+!!) only works if I stand next to it. As I move out of the room the signal goes. I've had the SIM card changed and I still have the same issue. I'm losing the will to live! can anyone help??? :0(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rusky_123

Did you manage to get to a store? Did they find anything that could be causing this issue?

I think the issue may lie with the phone. Can you pop me your details here so we can take a closer look?

Thanks

Sukhi

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Nabs
17: Community Champion

First thing to note, if other phones are working fine then the SS is obviously OK.

This would then point to a specific issue with the handset or SIM.

If you have had replacement SIMs then this would point the figer more at the handset itself. Maybe there is an issue with the antenna. Do you have any issues connecting to a 3G signal elsewhere?

Nabs

Thanks Nabs,

I've already tried that one and the handset worked fine with my sim so I suspect it's a problem with the sim and not the handset?? Could there be a bar/block the sim?

Cheers,

Russ

Nabs

Interesting...

It's strange that it's connecting but then dropping it as soon as you move away. If there was an issue with the SIM you would expect it to not connect at all.

It used to be that you needed to have the SIM 'upgraded' for 3G when it first came about however I would have though all new SIM's would be compatible.

This is maybe one for the eForum Team to get involved in (they will be along as soon as they can). Maybe there is something deep rooted on the account thats blocking it somewhere.

Nabs

Thanks Nabs,

That's what I thought. Going to a vodafone shop again tonight to see if they can look deeper and see if theres a bar/block on the number somewhere. Hopefully I'll hear from the team soon too.

Cheers.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rusky_123

Did you manage to get to a store? Did they find anything that could be causing this issue?

I think the issue may lie with the phone. Can you pop me your details here so we can take a closer look?

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

Yes, I went into store, the Tech guy couldn't help me there. However, I phoned one of your colleagues from the Tech Team and they were able to help me. Apparently the SIM card  wasn't registered to the Sure Signal box (an old one was?!). He took the number off the back of the SIM, did his magic and when I gt home.... bingo, sorted! :0)

Cheers.