Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bod

I've been looking into this Ip range and have escalated this to our support team to make sure its not blocked on Vodafone's firewall. I've seen your post and have resent a follow up to this to make sure it is 100% free.

As soon as I have a response I will let you know.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Thanks BenJ i appreciate you following this up to your support team but what does concern me is that looking over this thread i see people who first reported issues with this IP address range of 2.219.xxx.xxx almost 3 weeks ago.

Even any info on a timeframe to get this ip range unbarred would be great.

Thanks

mine is in this range and started working today..try a hard reset

Unsure of the proceedure for a hard reset, i have the v2 ss. I held in the reset button with a pin until all the lights briefly flashed and it looked like it restarted, then after a short period the 2 white lights started flashing and then went out and now back to just the red power light.

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the 2.219.x.x range has now been added to our firewall whitelist. If you're within this IP range then please perform a reset on your Sure Signal. You'll be able to check your IP address here.

Kind Regards,

George

eForum Team

Thanks for the info, i will try the hard reset again then later. Hopefully it will be all sorted.

Can you confirm for me the hard reset proceedure on the v2 sure signal.

Thanks

Still not working for me, i think i have reset the sure signal. The 2 white lights flash for a while then go out and im back to just the red power light.

Can anyone else confirm thios is working for them now.  My IP is 2.219.38.84 and despite resetting the router AND the SS, both a normal and a factory reset, I'm still getting nothing!

Mike

what is the different methods for a normal and a factory reset?

Retired-BenJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys

Can you let me know your serial numbers and I will resync to see if this resolves your issue.

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds) keeping the reset button held down.
  • Remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team