Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

thanks, im out the counrtry from tomorrow for just over a week, if it comes to life before then i will let you know or update you when i return.

Cheers

Not a problem, I just want this fixed.

I fear that the IP addresses may still cause issues if they have not been whitelisted properly. I will test this when I get home and see if it has been resolved.

Regards

Nope nothing working this end even after a reboot grrrr

Just to confirm a re-sync does not work. As I suspect it would seem we the problem still lies in the firewall and our addresses being blocked.

This issue has been solved for many of the VSS users after IP addresses were added to the whitelist, however some instances of dead VSS boxes remain. Can you please focus on the following IP’s that have been given to you and add them individually to the whitelist, my bet is that this will rectify the issue.

Romper20

IP- 2.219.16.254

SN- 40111118515 

Popeye

IP- 2.223.254.178

SN- 40110439482

Miket99

IP- 2.219.38.84

SN- 21230686897

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for confirming that your Sure Signal units status' have not changed.

Yesterday I requested a copy of the entire whitelist, to which I'm yet to have a reply. I am, however, on a conference call this afternoon and will raise this request verbally.

Until then, I'm afraid I can't really add any more, other than to advise that Trev did request you all waited 24 hours before trying a factory reset following the forced resync :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

thanks Lee but waiting 24 hours does seem just like a bit of a fob off - there does seem to be a clear issue with the IP addresses. The only resolutions that have happenend in this post have been when the addresses have been whitelisted. I appreciate these are Sky IP addresses but if Vodafone are unable to confirm that there is an issue then we will have to look into taking matters further - it is not acceptable to be paying £35pm for a service which is not being provided

If you could come back to us as soon as you can clarify that would be much appreciated as it is extremely frustrating

Mine is still not working even after multiple factory resets:

my IP is 

serial number:

Also is it normal for both the Status and activity light to be be constantly on the VSS devices ?

VSS was working fine until Sky introduced the MER protocol which change our IP rande to 2.2**.***.***

Therefore the issue is only down to IP address ONLY and until this is looked at instead of re-syncs and resets we will not be able to use our phones. This issue has been going on for quite some time now and I can't see what the delay is to get all addresses added to the exception list, those added have working VSS boxes.... so for what reason are we waiting!?!?!?!

ONCE AGAIN:

Romper20

IP- 2.219.16.254

SN- 40111118515 

Popeye

IP- 2.223.254.178

SN- 40110439482

Miket99

IP- 2.219.38.84

SN- 21230686897

NGROCOCK

IP- 2.219.10.120 

SN- 40110705973

Now please use this information to add our IP addresses to the range or atleast give it to someone who CAN do it PLEASE!!!!!

I have also phoned vofafone and they have also done a re-sync which obvoiously makes very little difference as I now have had 2 re-syncs and its still not working.

Please can you  re-chase your network team and ensure the new IP ranges have been added.

thanks

Nigel.

Hi all

I'm sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

I have been advised that the 2.219.x.x range has been added to our whitelist, but we are still awaiting the full list to be sent to us, as requested by Lee earlier this week. The action of re-syncing the devices was only undertaken after the advice the new IP range had been added.

I'm not able to get any further information today, but as soon as the full list is received, I'll update the thread accordingly, and advise where we need to go to resolve these issues.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team