Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

I have Sky BB with a router IP of: 2.219.xxx.xxx - my VSS is currently not working.

Hi

my IP is 2.218.69.242

I have been with Sky for 2 months and VSS with no problems.

My VSS stopped working 4 days ago - i have done 2 full resets and waited 24 hours both times.

I can afford to be uncontactable any longer as I am a nurse, and my mobile phone is the main contact number I use for being on call

Vodafone customer support assured me all i would have to do is call Sky and ask them to open ports.....

Sky said they dont do anything of the sort.........advised me to do it myself......

Im not computer literate in the sense that I can 'open ports' IP addresses ...blah blah blah.....

Please HELP a.s.a.p - I'm paying £45 per month for a phone that i cant use!!!

🐵

Am also on a sky router, my IP is 2.217.75.130. I have tried all the advice on the forum, still no joy

Thanks

GM

adamjamesrees
1: Seeker

Mine dosent seem to be working, and my ip seems to differ from others aswell.

My IP is : 2.126.131.11

Network: MER

Sky Firmware: SKY_2.04 

Please could you have a look into this for me and respond as soon as you can.

Regards,

Adam

got my sky bb a week ago..cant get my ss working ip is 2.219.86.207.can any one help

same here.  ip 2.219.86.207

Hi guys,

These other IP ranges have been flagged up to our Sure Signal engineers. Once we hear anything back, we'll let you know.

George

eForum Team

any news yet..really needmy ss working get such a rubbish signal at home

Hi jacko690

Just to let you know this has been passed over to our engineers however this hasn’t been implemented yet I have chased this up for you and will let you know of any further developments on this thread.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi I've just moved to Sky and my SureSignal work for the first day, (plugged it in it was set up in 10 minutes, I didn't need to open any ports or set a static IP address).  I woke up in the morning and the SureSignal only had the top light on, I've reset both the router and the SureSignal and the second light on the SureSignal flashes for a bit, but nothing more. 

I'm guessing I was 'upgraded' to MER overnight by Sky.

My IP address is 2.221.89, is this address one of the ones affected by this?