Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

yes it does begin with a 2 like the others... 2.221

Looks like Sky have at least two IP address blocks starting 2. allocated to them:- 

2.120.0.0 - 2.127.255.255 http://whois.domaintools.com/2.127.253.255

2.216.0.0 - 2.223.255.255 http://whois.domaintools.com/2.223.255.255

further datapoint: my Sky router now upgraded again to SKY_2.04, with MER and an IP address 2.125.xxx.xxx. The vodafone device is still working for now. IF there is something that relates to MER or the 2. range of IP addresses, it is only impacting the initial start-up andnot the normal operation. If I feel brave at some point I will try to reset the VSS and see if it continues to work. Now I am just going to enjoy my self provided 3G coverage. 

Your previous adddress was 2.218 so it is probably only Sky IP addresses in the 2.216.0.0 - 2.223.255.255 block that are currently  being blocked.

any updates on this yet vodafone? ive read the thread about orange and the similar issue before and i hope were not going to have to wait a couple of months just to open up some ip ranges as it seems this is a very similar situation... i want a signal at home, as im sure do others here

fuzzylogic - if you are right then the temporary fix for Sky customers is to do what I did and downgrade hoping the upgrade will bring you  in the good range... until Vodafone fixes the problem. (or until another provider offers 3G coverage in your home :smileyhappy:) 

Same issue here with Sky and the upgrade has killed my SS box!

I have spoken to tech support at Vodafone and they were USELESS did not have a clue.

Do you guys not communicate? I also have customer services emailing me asking me to do command prompts.. whats the point we know what the issue is.

I love this quote from "TECH SUPPORT"... "please unplug your router... now please try the internet on a laptop" my reply "there is no internet my router is unplugged" the woman at the other end could not understand this... should she really be working in tech support?

When is this going to be fixed? Can we cancel our contracts on the basis you are no longer providing a service?

Has anyone contacted watchdog for some back up so Vodafone work faster?

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@fab

In all fairness Vodafone havn't done anything wrong here, it's sky we have to blame.

I'm sure Vodafone will be working as hard as they can to resolve this as soon as possible. Considering the number of subscribers sky broadband have i thinbk it would be safe to assume hundered if not thousands of SS users will be affected by this.

I do have to be honest the standard over the phone tech support is pretty useless, you will find these forums much more usefull.

@Nabs - how do you know that Voda is not to blame?

If after the M25 works are completed your car suddenly wont drive over it anymore - but all other vehicles are doing just fine would you blame the roads authority or would you wonder why your car is so picky? Unless Vodafone offers an explanation on why their unit specifically doesnt work with Sky and it's Sky's fault - I would always assume its Voda's fault.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Heya Guys,

Many thanks for all of your comments here regarding this issue.

We have passed the IP rages onto our support teams who will be able to look into this in more depth for us, unfortunately there isn't anything more that I can add until we hear back from the investigation.

Once we have any details passed to us we will let everyone know.

James

eForum Team