Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dann77,

I have taken a look at the details that you sent me via PM and can see that your Sure Signal last connected to the server on 15/02/2012.

Please can you send me the full IP address as listed here and I will check this against the white list for you although there shouldn’t be any issues.

Also are you able to try the Sure Signal with a different router?

Are you able to test a different Vodafone number with the Sure Signal?

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi James,

PM sent with details.

I don't have a different vodafone number but can try setting up the SureSignal at my parents house. They use a different ISP. Might make a difference, and would suggest it's an ip address problem if it does work. I don't think the router is at fault given that it used to work up until last week and all my other internet enable devices work without a hitch.

Regards,

Dan

Quick update. I connected the SureSignal at my folks house. It was up and configured in less than 20 minutes.

The router is a Netgear - the same as I use at mine. I didn't change any firewall settings. It just worked. As did mine until last week.

So I'm suspecting a change of Sky's IP ranges which are not on the VF whitelist. I'm pretty sure my IP address used to be 90.x.x.x but is now 176.x.x.x

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dan77,

Many thanks for sending me your current IP address via PM.

I have taken a look at this for you and can see that the change in IP address has stopped the Sure Signal from working as the new range that you have provided me is not on our White List.

So that I can get this added for you I have sent it over to our support teams, once this has been added I will be back in touch.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi,

I was happily using my SS for over 6 months but it has stopped working and I have noticed my Sky Broadband connection has switched to MER. I seem to have one of the older style but now static ip addresses though rather than the new 2.x. Please could you check the ip address range 90.210.144.xxx against your whitelist?

I have also tried rebooting router, SS, deregister/reregister SS.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your continued posts. I'll answer each of you in turn:

@ ddaft79 - I can confirm the entire range is included in the whitelist. Please could you check the troubleshooting and post in the thread that best matched your symptoms?

@ berryoftheaub - The same for you; your range is in the whitelist. Is the IP you've provided us with the external IP? This is what we need if anybody else is reading this. The internal IP is of no use to us. Once again, please post in the relevant troubleshooting thread, as linked above :Winking_smiley:

@ Dan77 - Great news! Many thanks for confirming. I'm really please your experience with the eForum has been a positive one. I will feed back your comments.

Cheers all,

Lee

Dear Vodafone,

I have a blackberry 9900 and sky broadband . My VSS has stopped working since I started using sky as my broadband service provider. What happens is that calls drop immediately when I make them when VSS is on and working i.e. I make a call it connects and then my phone says Call Failed. I believe this is to do with SKY as it seems to prevent outbound calls through VSS. In bound calls work perfectly.

Could you check if my ip range is your whitelist: ip address 94.1.247.199

James

I think it may actually be caused by a mis-match between the Sure Signal server and the Mobile Switching Centre which handles my calls. Could you check this for me as my outbound calls keep failing and it says called failed. I have even been supplied with a new VSS which is still having the same problems.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey ksamtani,

Please could you have a look at this thread? There's information on how to get in touch so we can look at resolving this at the earliest opportunity.

Cheers,

Lee

Hey thanks for your reply Lee, Thanks for this link it shows my IP address as: 2.216.158.216 Thanks for your time, hope this one is right 😳 Aubrey