Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

thanks James, could anyone from vodafone confirm this, along with when this could be addressed as my phone is nearly useles with out the SureSignal as the signal is so poor.

Hi marennello99

I can confirm that James is correct this is currently being investigated by our engineers.  We do not have a time scale as to when this will be resolved however any updates that we receive will be posted onto the eForum.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Hi there,

I am also having trouble with my VSS on Sky.

Not technical minded at all so here is all the info from the website http://whatismyipaddress.com/ my IP address shows as 90.214.0.1

On the router stats page here is a copy and paste of what I have...

System DetailsManufacturerModel NumberFirmware VersionADSL Firmware Version

Sagemcom
F@ST2304
5.12.4a4N
A2pD030n.d23b

ADSL PortMAC AddressIP AddressNetwork TypeIP Subnet MaskGateway IP AddressDomain Name Server

c8:cd:72:a7:09:a4
MER
90.207.238.97 90.207.238.99

LAN PortMAC AddressIP AddressDHCPIP Subnet Mask

c8:cd:72:a7:09:a2
On

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi guys,

As there's a few of you posting here, I'll address you all individually. First of all though, I can confirm that the new IP ranges implemented by Sky have now been added to our firewall whitelist, so any further issues won't be related to that.

scottybhoy31, a very warm welcome to the eForum Family :). Can you let me know the exact symptoms you're seeing with your Sure Signal? Which lights are on/flashing? If you haven't done so already, then I'd recommend taking a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. You'll find all the necessary troubleshooting steps in there.

ezziemc, a very warm welcome to you, too :). Can you let me know which lights are on/flashing on your Sure Signal? It's possible that your Sure Signal may not have resynched with the network since the Planned Maintenance last week. If you could please let me know your Serial number then I'll be able to check this and perform a resync if needed.

Wiggle, as I mentioned earlier, the new IP ranges have now been allowed through our firewall. If you could please let me know exactly what symptoms you're experiencing then I'll be able to investigate further. I'd also recommend checking out the Troubleshooting thread that I've linked to.

maranello99, I'm pleased to hear that your Sure Signal is now working correctly :). If you do need any further assistance, then don't hesitate to ask.

rosesmith, I can see from your other thread that a new Sure Signal is on its way to you. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress.

Kind Regards,

George

eForum Team

As I put on my other thread the update is that I received the replacement box today - but it was a second hand unit and I am unable to register this as it is already registered to another user.  The 0845 helpline said that they are also unable to de-register it so they are sending a further replacement out to me.  

So still no signal and no working sure signal box.

This situation is simply not acceptable.  PLEASE VODAFONE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER - WE ARE LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE HERE!

mine still not working..this is a nightmare..no signal usless phone

George - as you can see from my other thread - the replacement box which I received yesterday was second hand and had not been de-registered by its previous owner so I was unable to register it.  I was told another replacement would be sent to me and I would get it today.   I have not received it and when I called to check I am now being told that I will not receive it until Tuesday.

This situation is simply not acceptable - PLEASE VODAFONE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER - you are going to have lots of customers who will be leaving at the end of their contracts  - I know I am one of them.    There are lots of other mobile phone providers who would love our business. 

well my suresignal is working, maybe it was because of this thread, maybe not! But its working!  So for anyone visiting this thread in the future, it might just be worth posting here.

I started a new thread and posted my details a couple of days ago but I have not received any response and my sure signal is still not working. 

I have also spent the last 3 days on the phone to the technical department but no success there either!!

FC83
13: Advanced Member

PLEASE FIX IT :Sad_face: