Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sky MER and SS

johndoe1
7: Helper
7: Helper

Recently took out an iPhone SIM only tariff with VF and at the same time ordered a SS box as I knew there was no VF 3G at home (only get Edge)

I should have read these forums before ordering really as my ISP is Sky and my D-LINK Sky router was changed over to MER the other week, which apparently wont work with the SS box?

Are VF working on this issue, considering Sky are in the process of changing over all their Broadband users from PPPoA to MER?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've just had word back from our Sure Signal engineers that the new Sky IP ranges mentioned on the last page have now been added to our firewall whitelist.

Can anyone on Sky who was in that IP range please let me know if your Sure Signal is now working. You'll be able to check your IP address here. Please note that you may just need to reset your Sure Signal beforehand.

George

eForum Team

View solution in original position

597 REPLIES 597

have plugged my v2 VSS into another non sky broadband connection, and guess what it works fine....

So this has ruled out any issues with the box, and points to an issue with users with Sky Broadband like every post in this thread.

Is it possible whoever has made the necessary changes on the sky network has just made a accidental mistake, and it is not quite right (as we are all human) and this configuration needs to be reviewed with meticulous detail and checked for mistakes.

As there is obvously something wrong !  that no amount of re-syncs and resets will fix.  The problem lies with Vodfafone and as such they should assign high proiorty to this and more resource to resolve, as at present this seems to be a low priorty and being dismissed as a problem local to the users.

Thanks

Nigel.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello everyone,

Many thanks for your posts regarding the IP ranges.

I now have a contact that is looking at individual IP addresses rather than the entire ranges.

I can't add anything further at this point but will continue to chase for a resolution.

In the meantime, for any new contributors, or existing ones who haven't already, please could you confirm for me your external IP addresses and Sure Signal serial numbers?

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi Lee,

I can re-confirm the following:

My Sure Signal Serial Number is 21231092871, Version 1

My IP address is 2.223.11.62

Garry

hmm, my light has stopped flashing, maybe good news!!!!

Hi Lee,

Great news my Sure Signal is working again, thank you :Smiling:

Out of interest was it the individual IP white listing that fixed it ?

or have Vodafone been able to include the wider range of 2.### IPs in their whitelist ?

Regards Garry

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gazza33,

Fantastic news!!!

I'm afraid I've had no feedback yet so I'm unable to comment as to the fix.

I'm on a conference call right now so will hopefully have more information for you shortly.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

mine is now working woohoo

Hi there drooboy72,

Thanks for the confirmation; I'm really pleased!

Are there any more members who would like to confirm whether their Sure Signals are now working on the MER protocol?

Cheers guys,

Lee

eForum Team

Hi Lee

Mine is now working. It must've come on sometime this afternoon.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

wmadders

Hi Lee,

Not sure what is going on, as my recently working VSS has now stopped working again :Sad_face:

Although I do have the second light flashing (which I hadn't had for two weeks until it went solid earlier today, but now only flashing), as well as the first light that I always had on !

VSS 1

I havn't touched anything.

Garry