cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ssv2 intermittently works,....then doesn't....

eldrep
4: Newbie

Hi,

I have had my SSv2 for a couple of years now, and in the last 12 months has started to suddenyl stop working, i.e, only a solid power light, and nothing else.

Sometimes a reset works and it's fine for a week then goes off again, but also sometimes it takes days to come back up.

I have visitied the forum for the SSv2 and ensured it is set up correctly, (which it would have to be to work in the first place, right?), and have had a 'refresh' sent from the VF end, but it's now becoming annoying, as we have no coverage without the SS box.

The serial number is 40120512013

Any help would be most appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eldrep,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your full results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

Ben,

Not sure if you read my message, but I have set up the SS as per the troubleshooting thread. Also, if you know a way of achieving the desired output from a SS without a laptop/computer, please could you let me know?

Are we supposed to just post everything on the troubleshooting thread as an easy way of getting an answer? What is the purpose of the general SS forum if we are just given a generic answer of... "Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your full results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?"

I haven't the time to keep being sent round the houses like when we ring Customer Services. Basically, is there anyone on here that can help, or do I wait for my contract to end in 3 months?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eldrep

The reason we ask you to provide the information is so we can figure out where the fault is, what could be causing it and how we can change things to make it work as it should rather than asking for bits at a time.

I appreciate you've given me the serial number, so I can see it last connected yesterday evening.

Have you changed anything recently? Has the IP moved as something your ISP may have changed?

You mention that you have a solid power light, so please take a look here.

If you're still having difficulties, please provide us with the other information so we can check.

DaveCD