Ask

Solution

Steady power light on ver 1

nicknickster
2: Seeker

Hello all

Please help!

I have had 2 ver 1 SS for about 3 years that have both operated perfectly - one is at one end of the house and one at the other (big old house with thick stone walls which is why i needed two).  They are connected using ethernet cables that are throughought the house and both end up connected to the trusty Draytek 2820 modem router in my cellar.

The other day i changed my phone and noticed i got no signal where i used to get signal from one of the SS.  I read the forum and asked for a resync as i had changed the SIM but kept same number and account etc.  That didn't seem to work.  

I therefore did a reset of one of the SS - reset button, power lead, reset button etc.

That didn't do the trick and i am now left with a solid power light and nothing else on that SS.

I also then tried to de-register and re-register the SS that isn't working and that didn't help.

Unfortunatley i then realised that the problem was me messing with my phone and i had switched off 3G on the phone.  I switched it back on and lo and behold it works perfectly with the other SS that i haven't messed with.

I am therefore left with one SS that works perfectly and one with a steady power light and nothing else.  I therefore know that everything that i need to check is working (i.e. open ports, fixed IP, internet connection etc. etc.) as the SS used to work and i haven't changed any of that, and the other SS on the same network still works.

Please could you let me know what to do next?? 

The serial number of the one that doesn't work is 21223461068 and the serial of the one that does work is 21224334934 

Many thanks in advance.

regards

nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nicknickster

Hello

All sorted. Sorry for the enquiry - it seems that the SS is plugged into a wireless bridge which gets its signal from a wireless access point and the bridge had siezed up - i could plug things into it and get on the internet fine, but the SS didn't like it.  I have rebooted the bridge and the SS started connecting immediately.

Happy days.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

nicknickster

Hello

All sorted. Sorry for the enquiry - it seems that the SS is plugged into a wireless bridge which gets its signal from a wireless access point and the bridge had siezed up - i could plug things into it and get on the internet fine, but the SS didn't like it.  I have rebooted the bridge and the SS started connecting immediately.

Happy days.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nicknickster

That's great thanks for letting us know and there's no need to apologise :Smiling:

Sukhi