Support:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
kilimax

Re: New Sure Signal - Steady Power Light Only

Hi James

still having issues. A re-sync your end seems to allow my SS to work for about a week to ten dayswithout fault  then it falls over again.

Came in from work tonight to the solid power light and nothing else.

Regards

Drew

Message 841 of 2,349 (10,497 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
BarryMEP

James

Was discussing this matter with the service provider I use they said that Vodafone is block them out is this true and can you check this out??:smileysad:

Message 842 of 2,349 (10,487 Views)
Jayt

Hi James,

Please find below the additional information that you requested.

External IP Address: 2.101.184.74

New Picture.jpg

My ISP is utility warehouse

Hope this helps

Cheers

JayT

Message 843 of 2,349 (10,486 Views)
BarryMEP

can I get a reply??  I am paying  monthly contact with no service at my house

Message 844 of 2,349 (10,422 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your posts here.

@ BarryMEP, I have taken a look at your IP address and can see that it is not on the white list which is causing the issue for you however looking that the registration for your ISP it is showing as a non UK IP address.

Can I ask who your ISP (internet service provider) is?

Before I can request this we need to verify that it is aUKregistered IP address.

@ Daver1, your IP range is already on the White list so you shouldn’t have any issues in connecting to the Sure Signal through your internet connection however, there still hasn’t been a connection made to the server which would lead me to believe that this is a port issue and your router is blocking the VPN connection to our server from your Sure Signal.

In these circumstances there are two things you can do;

1. Try a different router.
  2. Try to follow the port forwarding instructions listed in post 1.

@ Kilimax, I have re-synced this for you and also flagged it with our support teams to see if they can identify what is going on for you.

@Jayt, I can see the sure signal is hitting our server and the IP address is currently showing as on the White list.

Due to this it does lead me to believe that it could be either a firewall rule within the router or an issue with the ports not being open.

Please can you follow the instructions here to open the relative ports and let me know how you get on.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 845 of 2,349 (10,397 Views)
BarryMEP

Please find my external IP addres 78.155.233.244

cheers

James

Message 846 of 2,349 (10,394 Views)
Daver1

In which case I give up. I'll return the unit and get my money back.

Nothing should be this complicated

Message 847 of 2,349 (10,390 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II
FelixDaHousecat

to all,

does the VSS work on an alternate connection like a friends or relative's house?

I've seen the mods posdt this q before and it's settled quite a few issues

FDH

Message 848 of 2,349 (10,385 Views)
BarryMEP

This is the reply I rec frim ISP Provider

My IP is dual registered in both GB and IE.

Vodaphone has not authorized North West Electronics as an approved ISP, We have requested that they allow us to carry their sure signal traffic, but they have not yet added us to their allowed lists. We are currently working to be included on the following list

http://www.notsosuresignal.com/sure-signal/compatibility/compatible-isps/

But as of yet we are awaiting a response from Vodaphone to the status of our application.

Regards Technical Dept

Can you give any update on this??

Message 849 of 2,349 (10,354 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi BarryMEP

Can you tell me who your ISP has been in communication with within Vodafone?

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 850 of 2,349 (10,333 Views)
JamesIsWonderin

Just wondering if there's any update on my problem yet. Didn't notice any reply to it

Message 851 of 2,349 (10,353 Views)
charlesr

My SS is not connecting again. There was a power cut in the night (the cooker clock had reset). I'm 100% sure there was a power cut the last time the SS refused to connect too. Is it possible the power cut is causing this problem? I've turned the firewall off and factory reset the device but no joy.

Message 852 of 2,349 (10,333 Views)
BarryMEP

My ISP give me the below

The response from Vodafone came back as technical support or words to that effect. We do not have a specific contact.

Is there anyway I can push this forward??

Message 853 of 2,349 (10,312 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

@ jameslsWonderin,

My apologies for your post being missed.

I have taken a look at this for you now and can see that the traceroute is fine.

Looking at the serial number that you have provided it looks like it has never been registered, please can you get the owner to log into their online account and register the Sure Signal.

@charlesr, it looks like the power cut has caused an issue with the Sure Signal connecting to our server.

I have re-synced this for you today, please let me know how you get on.

The IP address is still showing as IE rather thanUKwhich is why it is still being blocked.

Unfortunately we can’t add the IP address to the Whitelist until the ISP has updated the registration

James

Message 854 of 2,349 (10,298 Views)
kilimax

James,

the re-synch is only giving me a day or so of operation before dropping out.

I know that you and your team are trying to get a resolution but lets face it, I've now been without a regular service since the middle of December. That's three months now and there's been no progress.

I only renewed my contract with Vodafone on the strength of the SS providing me with a signal at home and I've had a service at home for a fortnight since the beginning of the new contract.

This really needs to be resolved soon otherwise I will move both contract phones to O2 as soon as it becomes practical.

I'm really disappointed in Vodafone

:smileyfrustrated:

Message 855 of 2,349 (10,280 Views)
BarryMEP

James

Since I cannot get this resolved and I have 3 Vodafone mobiles at my house which I am paying for with no reception, can I cancel my contracts and go Pay as you go??

Message 856 of 2,349 (10,258 Views)
charlesr

Thanks. Sorted. :smileyhappy:

Message 857 of 2,349 (10,247 Views)
Maggles

[ Edited ]

EDITED - PLEASE IGNORE I THINK I'VE MANAGED TO SORT IT OUT!!!

Hi

I'm having trouble setting up my sure signal.

I have a Netgear DGND3300V2 router.

My Sure Signal is 40112534355

I've tried various things but can't get it to connect at all. Only the power light remains on.

Need some really clear, simple instructions as I'm not a great teckkie but I can follow instructions.

I've set my router up so that it only allows specific mac addresses to access it and I have added the Sure Signal box to it. I also have a schedule set up (I have kids so turn the net off for them school nights at 10pm) but I've set it up so that the Sure Signal box has access at all times to everything.

I was wondering if its something to do with the VPN - which I have no knowledge about and haven't set anything up in the router for this. I notice there is something in the router admin area to set this up but I have no idea what to do here and have never had need to touch it before.

Anyway any help would really be appreciated asap!

Thanks!

Message 858 of 2,349 (10,237 Views)
simon_w_day

Been using my new Sure Signal successfully since last week but at about midday today it went down and hasn't been available since. All indicators were on, then system and phone started flashing. That status continued for about 10 minutes, then system and phone went out and haven't come back since.

I've checked my hub and network. All working fine. Rebooted the SureSignal with no improvement. Network lights on the back of the SureSignal are steady orange and flickering green. Checked on my SureSignal console and it all seems OK with a Status of 'active'. 

Model is Alcatel Lucent 9361 Home Cell V2-V. Serial Number is 40120209214.

Any Ideas

Regards

Simon

Message 859 of 2,349 (10,225 Views)
BarryMEP

Why o Why does it take so long to get a answer from you guys???? :-(

Message 860 of 2,349 (10,224 Views)