You are here:
Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Re: New router DHCP not assigning ip address to SS-V2

Good afternoon iainH,

Cheers for the post. Can you give the suggestion in this thread a go and let me know the results?

Regards,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 121 of 2,419 (21,853 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Re: New Sure Signal - Steady Power Light Only

[ Edited ]

Hey Glynwest,

I'm really surprised the forced resync didn't work. Did you try a factory reset?

To factory reset:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds) keeping the reset button held down.
  • Remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this doesn't work then you can try the de-registration and re-registration of your unit. To perform this please follow these steps:

• Access MyAccount
  • My Sure Signal
  • De-register

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 122 of 2,419 (21,854 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
iainH

Re: New router DHCP not assigning ip address to SS-V2

Oops! Sorry to add confusion.

ip address assigned OK now .... Now just awaiting VPN Connection.

My mistake: :mansad:

To cut a long story short: I had attached a LaCie NAS to the BT Home Hub 3 ; the NAS is also an Ethernet Switch but has one Ethernet port not available to the LAN .... I got the position of this port confused ... as soon as I connected SS via a valid LAN port it was allocated an ip address .... phew!

Again I apologise if I wasted anybody's time!

Message 123 of 2,419 (21,841 Views)
iainH

[SOLVED] Re: New router DHCP not assigning ip address to SS-V2

Sure Signal in fine fettle! At last a strong 3G signal again!

As soon as I had done a hard reset and attached SS to the correct port in my ethernet switch then SS was given an ip address and then - within an hour - I was up and running with a 3G signal.

Message 124 of 2,419 (21,839 Views)
Glynwest

Hi Lee,

did a factory re-boot, still no joy. Have just de registered and re registered again. Am hoping this will work this time.

Cheers

Glynwest

Message 125 of 2,419 (21,831 Views)
Glynwest

Hello Lee, have just gone through the start up procedure again and now just left with a solid red light... as I have de registered and registered again do I have to wait up to another 24 hours ?

your frustratingly

Glynwest

Message 126 of 2,419 (21,827 Views)
Ridecraft

Hi:

Same old, same old!

No response to my post then eh - Voda guys? :smileysurprised:

Message 127 of 2,419 (21,809 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey Glynwest,

Thanks for the updates.

I believe you have a Sure Signal (v.2) if I remember correctly?

The indications are that there is no power supply to your unit. Would you be able to check the connections for me and if they are fine, then reply to the email I've just sent to your registered address and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 128 of 2,419 (21,790 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi there Ridecraft,

Please accept my apologies. When I read your post I assumed you were making an observation rather than asking a question.

I can also see your Sure Signal is working, so felt there was no need to intervene in this case.

The points you make are based on your judgement. I can however confirm there are many happy customers out there and I believe a quick internet search will soon show any unhappy customers that we run a forum dedicated to this product. Therefore they're free to post here as they see fit.

The nature of a technical forum is that you will only ever see negative posts. People don't log in to forums to post about the positive experience they have. People post when they have problems. It's the nature of the beast.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 129 of 2,419 (21,789 Views)
Ridecraft

Hi Lee:

Thanks for the response - appreciated. I wasn't looking to antaganise - merely make the observation. I cannot see why SUCH A GREAT IDEA appears fraught with problems? Mine has been working fine since I put my first post up - yes - a simple switch off then on seemed to solve the problem - and it's been great since - until of course approx 3pm Sunday 19th June (just now), when it crashed out. I've done the same again and I'm now waiting for the system light to stop flashing, whilst it gains its connection - hopefully :smileyhappy:

My point is, once again - the internet connection via my router is sound - it was before the VSS crashed out, just as it remains so now, to log-on to this forum. I therefore raise my point again with you - why has it, once again, crashed-out?

The reality is that if Vodafone had a better signal strength in the Southport area (I'm in Banks which is 'just' north of the resort), then I wouldn't need the VSS. It adds insult to injury - when 'we' spend more with Vodafone in an effort to increase something (the signal) which should be available in the first place, to then see 'our' further investment become inoperative at the stroke of the 'system' light going out.

Would you please check my VSS from where you are to see if you can detect any problems. Oh, and for the record - when the VSS is working - it is absolutely FANTASTIC! The signal strength is massive and the internet speed is something to be admired - I've therefore given some positive feedback and mean every word of it - it's a great idea - which should be FOC to those living in poor signal areas.

I simply ask Vodafone again - can you please stop it failing - whatever it may be which causes it to do so?? :smileysad: :smileywink:

Thanks Lee and it's great to be part of this frorum and to be in contact with you guys at Voda - seriously!

Message 130 of 2,419 (21,777 Views)
Ridecraft

[ Edited ]

Hi again!!

The time is 3.25pm - and my VSS is now working fine after it's re-boot?!!?

It quite obviously lost its connection. Lee (or the guys at Voda) - why was this?

My HTC Sensation is - once again - 'Sensational' in my home :smileyhappy:

Mike

Message 131 of 2,419 (21,776 Views)
Glynwest

Hi Lee,

there is power to the unit, as the orange link light on the back is fine, also the green light is pulsing through the start up procedure. Unfortunately it remains solid after that. Also my router does assign an IP address. I sent some details to you via email, please note I will only be available on my mobile until Friday as I will be away on business.

Is there anything that you can check your end ?

Cheers

Glynwest

Message 132 of 2,419 (21,756 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Hi Ridecraft

Can you perform a trace route report and a speed test the next time you loose a connection I suspect it’s a line speed issue if it keeps dropping the connection like this.  

Thanks

Hi Glynwest

I've replied to your email :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team 

Message 133 of 2,419 (21,735 Views)
kjf
kjf

I have done all the steps apart from the last (asigning an address to the SS box) - No idea how to do that!
Thanks Kate
Message 134 of 2,419 (21,717 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey kjf,

I'm afraid we can't help with this part :smileysad:

You should be able to get support regarding this part from your router manufacturer or ISP.

Sorry,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 135 of 2,419 (21,711 Views)
mbrock

My old-type Sure Signal s/n 21197161512 has been working OK for over a year (with the occasional reset required) but has now stopped.  I have a steady green light and a flashing amber light on the ethernet port, and a steady power light.  I have been through all the troubleshooting procedure.

My router is a Liinksys WAG200G and nothing has been changed since originally getting the Sure Signal - including the phones, two Nokia E52s.  I e-mailed support over 2 days ago but have had no response.  Could someone please advise?

Thanks,

Mark

Message 136 of 2,419 (21,703 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Good morning mbrock,

Welcome to the eForum. I hope you stick around :smileyhappy:

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps, it really helps me to diagnose the issue you are seeing.

From your serial number I can see you are using the first generation Sure Signal (VSS) and on this unit a steady power light indicates one of two things:

The VSS may require a firmware update or there is no DHCP internet connection found.

Because you've already been through the troubleshooting I've forced a resync of your unit. Please allow up to 24 hours for service to resume and if it doesn't, please try a factory reset.

To factory reset:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds) keeping the reset button held down.
  • Remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Cheers,

Lee

eForum Team

Message 137 of 2,419 (21,691 Views)
Ridecraft

Thanks BenJ for your response - appreciated.

Would you please explain what your instructions mean please??

"Can you perform a trace route report and a speed test the next time you loose a connection I suspect it’s a line speed issue if it keeps dropping the connection like this".

I'm afraid I don't do this 'tech talk' stuff - sorry :smileysad:

Mike

Message 138 of 2,419 (21,680 Views)
Simon1986

Hi I have had my sure signal for 3 days now and all I get is a solid red power light I registered my as online and then connected it as said in the leaflet I also spoke to vodafone and all I got was it is all set up correctly and should work.

I have got it connected it to a NETGEAR DGN 2000

if you could help I would appreciate all the help I get as my iphone 4 has trouble getting a signal in my house and I am a novice when it comes to this stuff

thank you in advance

Simon

Message 139 of 2,419 (21,676 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Hi Simon1986 

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 140 of 2,419 (21,673 Views)