Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still out of stock?

Montala
4: Newbie

Hi,

I am anxious to obtain a new Vodafone Sure Signal 3, but they seem to have been out of stock for quite some time now.

Is there a problem with these, or are Vodafone planning to replace them with something else perhaps?

As I would have thought there would be a good demand for these, I must say that I am very surprised that they have been unavailable for so long!

5 REPLIES 5

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@Montala wrote:

As I would have thought there would be a good demand for these

This could well be the issue!

Your best off keeping an eye on the website and checking your local stores. When stock is available a portion of it is generally allocated for stores and the resst goes online so it's worth a try.

Nabs

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Montala

There is stock shortage of Sure Signal’s at the moment, I’d recommend what Nabs said keep checking the website as it will be updated as soon as we get delivery of some.

Thanks

Sukhi

Thank you both for your replies.

It does sound as if it is a case of these being too popular, rather than being phased out, or anything like that, which is sort of encouraging, I suppose.

Hopefully they will become available again before too long.

Montala
4: Newbie

Finally picked up one of these from my local Vodafone store this morning.

I was a bit disappointed though that neither Vodafone Customer Service, or anyone in the store itself, were prepared to give me any discount whatsoever on the £100 list price.

As I customer who has four contract lines with Vodafone, but who lives in an area to which they are unable to provide a decent signal, I would have expected some sort of consideration from them, but nothing doing!... not good. :smileysad:

Nabs

Montala,

It's a bit of a pain as the device are expensive but from what I believe Vodafone are selling these at cost price if not making a loss. When you take into consideration all the costs for the backend infrastructure, which they don't charge for, that needs to be running for these things to work the price isn't that bad.

I think there are better ways of selling these devices, they could bundle it into the price of your contract for the remaining month therefore removing the £100 inital outlay and only asking you to pay an additional 50p a month for a 2 year contract. Alternativly making them available 'on loan'  whereby a customer can pay a depost when they get the device and the upon it's return part or all of the deposit is returned depending on the state of the device.

Nabs