cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stopping texts telling me to Change my SureSignal Postcode - Dual Internet connection

The_Lazy_Slug
2: Seeker

Evening All,

I was wondering if someone can tell me how to stop or block the automated text messages that require me to change my postcode because my SureSignal has moved?

I have two internet connections that are connected to a dual WAN router. If one internet connection fails, all my internet connections are routed to the other ISP. I then have to reset my postcode, leave it for 24 hours and then change it back. The next time an internet connection fails, I get the text messages again.

Anybody know how I can stop the texts messages?

Many Thanks

The Lazy Slug

11 REPLIES 11

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi The_Lazy_Slug

Thank you for your post and it is great to see you here.:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately there is no option to stop these messages as they are here to advise you when an action is required.

These postcode changes can occur when an update has been installed, the change between ISP will appear to the system that the device has been moved and will require the action to update the postcode.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

I have just acquired a de-registered Sure Signal v2 and registered it using my own postcode.

I'm now getting texts every couple of days to tell me that I should change my postcode.

Should I deregister it and then re-register it.

Should I change my postcode to something else then change it to the new one.

C'mon there must be a way of getting rid of these pesky texts.

Cheers,

Bill

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 0tter,

Thanks for posting.

Have you checked what your postcode is under My Vodafone, then go to  My Sure Signal, Manage Sure Signal  and then Change Postcode?

If you're still having issues, you can find out how to get in touch here.

Thanks

Ian

I have the same problem, but it's a single net connection with the fixed IP.

I tried phoning support and I got a rude person who told me I should go to a vodafone shop.

I also tried clicking on the get in touch link above and I get "access denied."

Please make the texts stop!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi poshsimon,

Welcome to the eForum. 

When you log in via My Vodafone, does the correct postcode show up? If so, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here.

Cheers, Ben

poshsimon

Yes, the correct postcode is entered and shows up each time I've made the requested change.

Oh, and there's no message from you, Ben. There is a message from James on another query, but not from you.

Hi poshsimon,

If you log in online and change the postcode to ST1 5GP and leave this for an hour before changing it back, it will stop the messages being sent.

James

Thanks.

How odd, ok, i'll do that and report back in due course.

OK, more than 1 hour has gone by and i'm trying to change it back to my postcode and now I have the following message "You can only have one Sure Signal at each postcode. Please choose another postcode."

There are two buttons to choose, "Cancel" or "Confirm"

Obviously, I want to confirm, but it just comes back to that error message.

I hit cancel, and it says my postcode is now registered. How odd!

I'm now waiting for the texts to start again, and to get my suresignal back.

I'll report back.