cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suddenly, after returning home, my phones do not pick up the SS connection anymore.

bxg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have 2 phones both registered (one as owner one as user) to my SS3.   All was working fine with a nice 5 bar signal showing.   I go out shopping and when I return the phones will not connect.  Absolutely no bars whatsoever.  After 2 hours the same so I unplug SS and restart it  (all ok - red bar and 2 white symbols as before).  Still no connection.   I then try to provoke a connection by mucking about with the phones, airoplane on and off, data connection on and off,  network manually selected, back to auto select.  STILL NO CONNECTION.  I give up. It was all working - all I did was to go shopping 😞    

Then - after some 4 hours a connection with 5 bars. HOORAY

Please advise what is going on.  Surly this cannot be normal.  (no its not I've not had this problem before, a conntect my take a few minutes but not hours)     Did vodafone have some problems today?  Could the SS3 be faulty (it does get horribly hot)   The SS # is Serial number 40134953302.     

regards

BXG  

(NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE SAME SS AS THE ISSUE ON  ANOTHER THREAD WHERE I 'M ENDEAVOURING TO REVOKE THAT BELONGS TO ANOTHER PHONE NUMBER  BUT CANNOT DO SO BECAUSE THE REGISTRATION DETAILS NO LONGER SHOW ON THE ACCOUNT FOR THAT PHONE OTHER PHONE NUMBER

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @bxg,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below ncluding the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B