cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Sgnal V3 and that damned iphone thing.

Vikingraider
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello again. It's me, Mr Angry once again. Seems like I only ever come on here when summat goes wrong.

Andyway, fed up of the wife ranting about wanting an iphone 5, so I bought her one.  Gets home, plugs it in, charges it, switches it on etc. and virtually no signal in the house. Not only that but no WIFI in the bedroom. Jumped through many hoops with updates etc. in the hope that the recent bug fixes would work, but alas no. So then she sees this new fangled Sure Signal thingy whatsit which boobsts the signal and she starts harping on about how this would make a useless iphone rather more useful.

So I bought one. £100 of my hard earned. Delivered swiftly thank you Mr DPD man. Plugged it in, switched it on, registered it, set up my Blackberry on the thing and POOF as if by magic, full signal. 3G as well, right where I need it, in the house where I can get wifi.

Set up the wifes iphone and waited.... Nothing. No difference at all. Wow, that was impressive says me.

So set up the daughters iphone 4S to see if that would work. Well that had spectacular results insofar as she lost all signal straight away and couldn't use hers for anything. I still have full signal however, but then I never struggled for signal anyway.

So, disconnected the daughters iphone 4S and she's working again now. Left the wifes connected and still no difference there.

I find it unusual for so many things to go wrong with my life which I spend so many hours and many many pounds of my hard earned to try and fix, but very disconcering to find that in the main it's always a Vodafone problem I'm trying to sort out.

Now I'm hopeful that after leaving the iphone 5 connected for some days it might start to work, and if so then it's only cost me £230 for the phone and £100 for a device to make the phone work, on top of the many pounds a month it costs me to have network access which isn't there.

I'll sign off by saying that even though Vodafone are pretty much useless, they far outshine any other network I've ever used. Leaving to go to another provider would be like taking your accordion when you go hunting....

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Mr Angry - have you registered the other numbers on the VF website where you can manage your Sure Signal? Your number will be linked to the SS automatically but the other numbers won't be linked - you have to add them.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Yep, registered with Vodafone, registered the Sure Signal, added 2 new users (wife & daughter) and daughters lost signal within 5 minutes or so. Wifes has since come on at a reasonable signal strength however, although nowhere near as good as my Blackberry.

Still doesn't help the wifi problem though, and once we leave the security of our own network she loses signal once again.

It's the last apple product I ever buy. Except I still have to buy a new car charger as apple don't support usb standard despite signing up to it some years ago. And then a new mdi connector cable for the car as well...

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Vikingraider,

As your phone works fine with the Sure Signal we know the box isn't faulty.  Can you confirm that both phones you're trying to connect with the sure Signal have 3G enabled?

Sure Signal does only help with 3G internet coverage and won't affect the WiFi access in any way. 

Let us know the Sure Signal serial number and we'll make sure everything is set up correctly on the account for these numbers as well. 

Thanks

Phil