Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Sigan V3 connection probs

jonster1962
4: Newbie

Hi. Bought the new device yesterday, wired it up as per instructions and plugged in. After intial lights it settled down to stady red light and flashing internet light... no other lights on. This indicates "connection in progress"... its been like that 24 hours now... so I suspect it is not going to connect. I have confirmation that it is registered OK. My serial number is 40131963940; my router is a Netgear DGND3700, IP adress 192.168.0.1 and is running internet fine.

Can you help please..?

17 REPLIES 17

jonster1962
OK, will do James.
Will post tomorrow.
Thanks

jonster1962
Hi, James. No change I'm afraid. Still solid red light and flashing internet light.!?

Hi jonster1962

Thank you for getting back to me.

This light sequence suggests that it is still initialising which shouldn’t be happening now.

I am wondering if the issue is with the Sure Signal connecting through the router as we have seen a few reports of this happening with Netgear routers recently but we’ve not had anything confirmed yet.

Are you able to either try a different router or try the Sure Signal on a different internet connection to help isolate where the problem lies?

James

Hi James, I cannot try a different line, but I can try an old BT home hub, but I see many many posts regarding problems connecting through a BT hub anyway. But I will give it a go. What routers do you know that SS definitely works with.? It does seem an almost impossible task to connect.!

I will give the BT hub a go, but it is old and thats why I changed it, so I do not want that as a long term solution.

Hi James. Its connected..! via my old BT home hub...... So I'm guessing the Netgear router was the issue. The BT hub is old though and I want to use the Netgear router if possible (just paid £100 for it).... You mentioned potential problems with Netgear... will you be creating some sort of "fix" in the future for this issue please.?

Thanks

Jon.

another last question please.... I will be moving house in the next 6 weeks... do I have to contact Vodafone again or will the SS just plug in and work (hopefully)..?

Thanks,

Jon.

Hi jonster1962,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to read your Sure Signal is now working through the Home Hub.

At this time, I can only reiterate what James has mentioned. We’ve seen a few reports of Netgear routers being involved but nothing has been confirmed.

You should find that your Sure Signal will work as soon as it’s plugged in at your new house.

All you’ll need to do then is log on to your admin dashboard and update the postcode details.

Thanks,

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Thanks Andrew.