Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 Connecting Intermittantly

romandy1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our SS1 has been no problem until yesterday when it decided to continually reboot sometimes 5-6 times an hour. Eventually it will boot up and calls can be made for sometimes up to a couple of hours and then it goes pearshaped again.

This problem must be external to our system as it sometimes works and then fails.

Our Infinity connection has not rebooted during this time so it cannot be a BT problem. I spent an hour on the phone to BT yesterday who gave excellent help telling me how to put in a series of settings into our hub. Our speed etc is excellent.

After contacting Vodafone 5 times in the last 24 hours Vodafone blameing our hub was faulty finally they have admitted there realy is a problem throughout the country.

Looking on the forum it appears this has been an ongoing problem for some considerable time

I have been "Promised an email" when this problem has been sorted out. I am not holding my breath.

10 REPLIES 10

andyh1108
4: Newbie

weird, I too am getting this since late yesterday. Rebooted router and all other internet connections are working fine its just suresignal connecting intermittently ..... bit of a pain when I am paying for this service and not getting it!

Andy

+1

Same symptoms. Very frustrating but it looks as though I'm not the only one and I guess the fault is with the network. Just have to wait and see.

Is there any way to check the status of the Sure Signal service from Vodafone?

my guess ... no. They say planned maintenance will be highlighted at top of forum, as there is nothing planned this is probably an outage, would be good if vodafone kept us informed BUT I aint holding my breath.

Since my original post Our SS1 has rebooted twice, we did make a call to our BT number and it rang.

Also had a text stating they now acknowledge a fault is on their system.

We await an update that there is a successful conclusion

UPDATE the SS box is rebooting again ??????????????????????????????????????????

Forum Moderators.

Is ther ever going to be a solution to this problem. Please advise. Don't suggest Rebooting our Hub or the Sure Signal box .It does not work.

Hi Guys,

This should now be working again.

If you’re still having trouble, please reset your Sure Signal.

Reset your Sure Signal:

For versions 1 and 2:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

For version 3:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

James

Hi James

Our SS1 box is now working ok after a battle with your help line.

I am not at all happy that we were told the problem was at our end when it most definitly wasn't. Yesterday afternoon a member of your call center staff finally admitted YOU had a problem and sending an email confirming this.

You had been inundated with calls from angry customers. a couple of hours after that the box finally managed to boot up and has since been working OK. Fingers crossed.

We feel your staff should listen to customers complaints, they are not always wrong or it is not their or their equipment fault.

Customers if they are advised there is a problem don't mind having to wait for it to be sorted out.

Denying there is a problem happens too often in big business and does not foster good customer relations.

As to your suggestion to reset the SS box, if you had read my post you would have realised we had done this very many times yesterday and the day before to no avail.

Nukes
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Have to agree with the above. All we require is correct information. If the Sure Signal service is having problems, let us know. Perhaps the information could be disseminated via this very forum? 🙂

My SS is back up and running with no intervention on my part.

Sadly, this is the corporate image we are expected to get these days. You remember when the 'customer was always right', well now its 'the customer is always to blame'

Unfortunatley there is no 'honour' in business these days, to admit there is a fault is to get sacked for daring to say the customer is right!!

Thanks for the support, it is nice to know I am not alone with my opinions on big businness.