Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 - Suddenly stopped working

MBB2011
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

We've had our Sure Signal 1 box for about 3 years now and it's always worked fine.  The last couple of weeks we had a fault with our BT phone line, though the broadband continued to work as did the Sure Signal box.  On the day before Christmas Eve the upload speed dropped to 0.11 and so the Sure Signal stopped working, however BT fixed the line the next day and our broadband speed is back up to a steady 6 mbs and upload to around 0.36 - 0.38, which is better than it was before the problem occured.  However, despite numerous resets over the last couple of days, following advice on here, it still won't work.  There's a steady green light on the back of the unit and the orange light is blinking sporadically.  On the front only the first green light indicating power is steady on.  When I do the reset the second light blinks green, but eventually goes out.

The serial number is 21230492437

ISP is BT using a BT Home Hub 4 (been using since January 2014 - no prior connectivity problems)

Broadband speed 6.23 Mbps

Upload 0.38

Ping 33

I have taken a look at the Home Hub and the Sure Signal box appears with an IP address of 192.168.1.65 Following the reset it states its Connected, but once it's given up trying is disappears from the Home Network screen.

We have all the usual household devices, computer, laptop, Xbox, iPads, iPhones etc.  All connecting to the internet with no problems. 

Maybe the box has died?!

Thanks in anticipation!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try getting a new power supply unit. Mine had the same problem and after plugging my SS1 into the new power supply it was up and running within 5 minutes.

Lots of threads with the same issues.

Get a 12v and miminum 1.5amp unit with a 2.5mm female jack.

Plenty available on a well known auction site. They are sometimes described as being for cctv cameras or led strip lights.

I was very sceptical but honestly it worked.

Try it - ignore the vodafone "experts". They come out with the standard speed/ping test. Try a different router etc etc. you will get more help from other posters.

Try a new power unit - chances are it will work as the symptoms you described were the same as mine.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ukracer 

Please see our latest Sure Signal statement if you're still experiencing difficulties.

DaveCD

Hello

I have similar issues with my Sure Signal version 1. The link above to the Sure Signal Statement resiults in

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. We recommend you open a Lithium Support Case and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 563EA005.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Would be useful to know what is happening

How interesting. My SSV! suddenly  stopped  working after  3  years  and I was told  by the "support team" that is was defunct and I should buy a new one. So I bought a  V3 and this was the cause  of all my other  posts  as it was impossible  to connect it without  rebuilding  my router etc. etc.  I have returend it and  got a  full refund  but have now  had no mobile signal  this year yet. Now it would appear there  may not be anything  wrong with my V1  after all....but how do I get it  to work?  I, too, tried the link and got

"

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. We recommend you open a Lithium Support Case and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 563EA005.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Not much chance  of  finding  out what it's all about  though.....you never get the  same so-called  " technical expert" twice....and  having  posted  once or twice, they just disappear anyway. On another thread I was  asked  for a  mass of  data  about  Broadband, traceroutes etc.....all of which I supplied...response.....zero. When I complained , an administrator  told me  not to be impatient, it can take  up to 48 hours for the 'techie' to get back to me...that was  6  days ago............. What an amazing shambles this site is !!

Hi  @jhopkins & @MartinBar,

@jhopkins - Please try a new 12v 1.5amp power supply unit with your Sure Signal. This should help resolve the issue.

@MartinBar - I've seen your other post and can see your issue is now resolved. I apologise that you weren't given the information regarding a replacement power unit. It's something that is becoming more prominent with older versions of the Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Matt

MikeTheBoat
1: Seeker

Further confirmation of the power supply issue.  Cutting a very long story short, swapping the power supply to my SureSignal V1 fixed the non-connection problems, even though the old one appeared to be working, .i.e. power light on, etc.