cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 de-registered by Vodafone - this is appalling!

DaveJ2014
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal 1 which was paid for in full when it came out. As the signal improved I no longer needed it so I unplugged it. That apparently was a major mistake!?! Because it wasn't operating for more than 6 months Vodafone removed the serial number from their database - meaning that now I need it again (I've recently moved to a more rural location) I cannot register it because they have removed it from the database. 

I was informed by helpful and apologetic operator that I would need to buy a new one, as this one would never be able to be re-registered. When I expained that it was bought and paid for and Vodafone should not render it innoperative he agreed, but said their was nothing he or I could do about it.

I asked if there was an official complaints procedure for what amounts to an appalling act that borders on commerical vandelism - he said no, because it was company policy so nothing wrong had been done!

Imagine for a moment that you buy an answer phone from BT and because no-one leaves a message for 6 months they destroy it...would that be permissable - we know the answer...I look forward to Vodafone's respone!

There are a multitude of issues here, but I would like to give Vodafone the chance to answer? 

1 REPLY 1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveJ2014,

If a Sure Signal hasn’t been used for 12 months, it's removed from the network as per the Ts&Cs.

We’re unable to reinstate this, so you’ll need to buy a new one if this is needed again.

Thanks,

Jenny