cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 - firmware update push needed?

bernardw
4: Newbie

I have a Sure Signal 1 which (like several others it seems) is showing all the right lights, but is not offering any signal to the phones registered with it.  I've tried the 'factory reset', but nothing has changed.

Others seem to have found that a manual firmware update push is needed, so can someone please arrange one for me too? (The VSS and router are left on 24x7n already.)

Serial #: 21197070945

Nothing on my broadband/router has changed from when it was all working a couple of days ago, but just in case here's the diagnostics:

Connection IP address - 80.229.150.193

Speedtest results - ping = 47ms, download = 6.15Mbps, upload = 0.34Mbps

Trace route output:

C:\>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    5 ms    5 ms    4 ms   194.10.28.1
2   39 ms  45 ms  49 ms   lo0-central10.pcl-ag02.plus.net [195.166.128.183]
3   40 ms  39 ms  38 ms   link-a-central10.pcl-gw01.plus.net [212.159.2.164]
4   42 ms  38 ms  40 ms   xe-10-1-0.pcl-cr01.plus.net [212.159.0.196]
5   38 ms  39 ms  38 ms   xe-11-2-0.edge3.London2.Level3.net [212.187.201.213]
6   58 ms  47 ms  47 ms   ae-3-3.ebr1.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.141.86]
7  122 ms  75 ms  46 ms   ae-81-81.csw3.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.161.86]
8    46 ms  45 ms  45 ms   ae-3-80.edge5.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.168.136]
9    54 ms  55 ms  59 ms   CABLE-WIREL.edge5.Paris1.Level3.net [212.73.200.42]
10  52 ms  49 ms  48 ms   195.2.9.193
11     *         *         *          Request timed out.
30     *         *         *          Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My Sure Signal is now back in good health - thanks again guys.  I'll set the status to problem solved.

View solution in original position

48 REPLIES 48

Hello Sarah,

I have done as asked power both phones down and back on.  My SGS5 is working perfectly I have full Signal.  I was unable to add my wifes number to the Sure Signal so spoke to someone on the phone who added it for me.  We did as the gentleman suggested turned off the 4g and the wifi then rebooted the phone again but it still only comes up with 1 bar of Vodafine signal .... How can this be and what can be done to resolve please ??

Thank you

What's all this about firmware  updates?  I've  been a  Suresignal customer  since they first came out and have never been offered  a firmware  update. I have returned  my SSV3  because  it  wouldnt  connect...but I still have my V1...would this  work if I  have the  firmware update?  How do I get it?

Strange this really ... after 24 hours my wifes iphone 6 suddenly starts working with the Sure Signal ... no reboots, nothing.

Not sure what you did but thank you Vodafone 😉

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@ Adharc

I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier, but i'm fairly certain that your problem is the power supply which has gone 'lazy' due to age.

Replacement power supplies are readily available from Amazon or Ebay reasonably priced between £5-10 or less.

Regards.

Mike.

Matt-B,

I repeat  what I have said before...to expect a non-technical member of the  general public to re-programme  their broadband  router  is  outrageous. I have looked  at the ' help on-line'...it  requries  me  to initally  log in to my router and this   needs  usernames and  apsswords  which I do not have....so I fall at the first hurdle. And it isn't  my job anyway...surely  it should  be BT or Vodaphone engineers  who carry  out these  procedues....if they were  so easy for the  general  public to perform,  why  would  VF and BT employ engineers  anyway?

dougdoug22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,

I'm wondering if you could flush the firmware update to my SS1. as I am having a few problems the last few weeks. (serial#: 21230736692).

Thanks in advance,
Dougie

How do they do the firmware  updates  when  the Suresignal  can't  get a connection?...I don't  understand that.

If you read my first post, you will see that my SS1 was showing all the correct lights.  *It* was making its 'phone home' connection to VF correctly, but it was not responding to requests to add phone numbers to it, nor was it allowing existing phones to get a good signal any more.  I read in another message elsewhere on this forum that someone else had this solved by their SS1 receiving an updated firmware version sent to it down its connection back to VF.  As you will see, this fixed the problem in my case.

I also requested another intervention more recently via the helpline, because I updated from an iPhone 4 to a 5c, which required a sim change.  So despite the number being the same, the sim ID the SS1 would accept for that number needed to change - which the helpdesk rapidly sorted (i.e. within 24 hours).  Just to be clear, my company has a contract with Vodafone and it was my work phone that was upgraded, so it was the corporate helpline number I called.

If your SureSIgnal can't connect back to VF and doesn't show the right lights, then there's likely some kind of issue with your internet connection.  That's when you should go through the standard troubleshooting steps.

I live out in the country and don't have a fast enough upload speed for a V3 box (I tried), and its lights never settled to the right display.  That's why I'm still using a V1.

The VF guys here have always been very patient, efficient and helpful and I can say the same about their colleagues (maybe the same people) on the helpline.

bernardw

thanks for your  comments. I am  totally  unable to relate them to my own experiences.......maybe I should  be a  corperate  customer. I posted  all the  requested  data ( broadband speeds, traceroutes  etc) on here a week ago but  never had any response  from the 'techies' . They told me to contact my ISP to get the router ports  sorted  out....my ISP (BT) said 'how we  can alter  your router...do it yourself'. I complained on here that the 'techies'  weren't  responding  and  the 'senior  admisitrator' told me to be patient,,,,it could take up to 48 hours...that was  a week ago. On the phone to the helpline, I was  told that my V1 had  clearly  died ( for no reason) and that my 6.9 Mb/sec BB was  inadequate  for a  V3. How many places  that need  a  suresignal  are going to have  faster  broadband  than that? O2 now offer  a s imple  phone app that accesses  your  router  and  gives  you a  signal that way...guess where I'm going at the end  of this contract.

Fenboy
4: Newbie
How do I unsubscribe from this thread? Aaaaaarrrrgh. Lol