cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 1 not working on Talk Talk after 8 years of no problem - Talk Talk Say They Can't Help!

timwood64
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Total frustration here people - Can You Help?????

Firstly please note my understanding of all things internet/isp/router settings/etc. etc is EXTREMELY limited!!!!!!

After 8 years or so of continuous use of my Sure Signal 1 device connected to the same ISP (Talk Talk) it stopped working at 19.47 last night.

Many, many phone calls later to both Vodafone and Talk Talk and still not working.

Vodafone Support are telling me that there are port settings (see attached help sheet) that need to be changed and that my ISP should know what is being requested of them if I ring them up and explain what's what based on the information on the Help Sheet (copy attached) that was sent to me earlier today.

So I spoke to Talk Talk (twice) today and it basically boiled down to them telling me that they couldn't help me because they do not provide static IP addresses..........

What I do not understand and what Talk talk simply do not grasp is that up until 19:47 last night my Sure Signal worked fine!!!!!!!

Talk Talk just say "Sorry Sir we cannot help you................."

What is going on and can anyone help me............

My router is a Netgear DGND3700v2 if that helps.

:smileyfrustrated:

Tim

0 REPLIES 0