Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 2 / Home Hub 4

MartinTurver
4: Newbie

Sure Signal has been registered - I've followed as many suggestions as I've found regarding Port Forwarding, etc.- after lots of initial flashing of lights, Sure Signal merely sits with front power light on and rear green and amber lights on - I am only trying to add the Sure Signal to my network because the external Vodafone signal has worsened over the last few weeks (addition of a new 4G mast ??) 

Ping 25 ms

Download 5.32 Mbps

Upload 0.39 Mbps

External IP address 86.137.185.155

Sure Signal serial number: 4012 090 3113

All results of TRACERT returned as 'Request Timed Out'

4 REPLIES 4

MartinTurver
4: Newbie

Hi

No response from this query of the other day - please advise why I am unable to detect the Vodafone Sure Signal Server Address of 212.183.133.177 ? Is it because my Broadband service is as bad as my Vodafone signal ? I am in a rural area where the actual 'telephone exchange' is in the next village, about three miles away.

I'm trying to set-up a Sure Signal box because our phone signal worsened a few weeks ago. I raised an incident regarding that loss of Service but had no response to that one either !

Our signal strength has dropped from THREE BARS to ONE BAR, NO BARS and even NO SIGNAL.

Please advise which course of action I should pursue .....

1 - try and find out from Vodafone why my signal has worsened - I believe a new 4G transmitter has recently been added near to us (Thetford)  - has Vodafone removed (or switched off) any 2G/3G transmitters as part of that operation ?

2 - try and find out from Vodafone why their Sure Signal box is not working ?

3 - request referral to Vodafone Customer Services so that discussions regarding Breech Of Contract (Loss Of Service) can be initiated ?

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY CONTACT ME ????

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @MartinTurver

I've just checked the status of the Sure Signal and unfortunately if it's not been used for over 12 months, it would have been permanently removed from the network. 

This is covered in the Sure Signal T&C. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/42318691/My-Sure-Signal-has-stopped-...

" If you have not used your Sure Signal for 12 months we will automatically de-register your device. After this point it will not be possible to re activate this on our network."

I spoke to a Vodafone operative last week (Thursday 17/11/16) because I was having trouble registering the SureSignal to my account - he deregistered the unit on your database and then re-registered on my account - he told me to leave it for 20 minutes before following the installation instructions - I can see that his registration of my unit has been successful - are you telling me that his instruction was incorrect ?

I have also spoken with another Vodafone operative who has insisted that my loss of phone signal (which has prompted this attempt at using my daughter's Sure Signal) is only temporary and the 'known maintenance causing the problem' is scheduled to take place for six days from 17/11/16 - have you any way of checking this statement on the Tech Team ? My postcode is IP24 1QS

A 4G antenna was recently switched on nearby in Thetford - as asked earlier, please can somebody from Vodafone evidence that no 2G antennae were also switched off as part of the exercise ???

Hi again....

I've downloaded an APP called OPEN SIGNAL.

My phone is set to receive 2G/3G only.

The results from the APP show that I am receiving my signal from 

LAC 717   Tower CID 3310   Signal Strength -87 dBm

Surprisingly (?), this mast is near Great Dunmow in Essex - about 50 miles away from me.

The display shows that I am receiving 100% of my signal via 2G.

There are lots of closer masts indicated on the APP display - but no signal is being received from any of them.

The nearest mast to me (LAC 1178   Tower CID 3536) occasionally turns yellow on the APP display but no signal is being received (Signal Strength shows as -115 dBm).

As requested previously, please could somebody from the Tech Team confirm or otherwise whether the masts that were previously in use to transmit 2G / 3G signals have been switched off / superceded by those that transmit a 4G signal ?

We have no 4G coverage.

At the moment, we are struggling with even a 2G signal.

What has happened ?

We previously had FULL SIGNAL STRENGTH !