Support:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
kgraham

Sure Signal 2 against the original device ?

Could anyone advise as to whether they have noticed any improvements with Sure Signal 2 compared with the original device.

I need to install a new device at a new location which is likely to be used less frequently and already have an orignal Sure Signal which I could swap to use there if that was the case.

Also am I right in thinking I could just unplug it, take it to the new location then configure the new one with the same set of mobile numbers.

I presume it would generate a change of address message but presumably that is just managed in "My Account"

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (5,015 Views)
Perdix

Re: Sure Signal 2 against the original device ?

My experience:

My mainclient has a SS1 that I am registered to. It rarely drops out or needs re-synching.

I have a SS2 at home. This regulrarly drops out and needs re-synching. In fact, it's doing it again as I type this. Oh, and it's the second unit after the first one gave up working 10 monyhs in.

As to the rest, I can't really comment.

Please bear in mind that these are only my experiences.

Message 2 of 7 (4,995 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
jamsterdm

In my opinion sure signal 1 is better

Message 3 of 7 (4,983 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi guys,

When it comes to the difference in the Sure Signal units there shouldn’t be any real performance issues.

The main difference between the two units is the size, design and a slight difference in power consumption.

If you are having issues with newer versions please let us know what these issues are including the serial numbers so we can chase this up for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 7 (4,936 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
jamsterdm

mine 40121044230 is rubbish, its a ss2 and every day at least twice a day it re-synces then takes ages for my phone to get signal again. My ss1 was perfectly fine, god knows why i bothered buying a new one because it is actually rubbish

Message 5 of 7 (4,931 Views)
Tech Team
Wayne

Hi JamieMoulding,

I’ve replied to your other post here

Thanks

Wayne

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 7 (4,882 Views)
SkudMissile

I recently purchased a new suresignal v2 to replace an old v1 that frequently dropped out and would then take anything up to six hours to come back up!

My experience of the new v2 is that it comes online within about 10 mins almost every time I've had to reset it.

It has gone down a couple of times with just a red power light (no loss of internet service or power though!) but a quick power cycle (after double checking the internet speed is ok) and each time it's been back within 10 mins so I'd say theres a noticeable improvement between versions.

Message 7 of 7 (4,850 Views)