Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 2 does not work everywhere

davidtremlett
4: Newbie

I now have done every test possible, first checking with my ISP on port opening and 100% guarantee that all ports are left open, second bought brand new router incase of problems amking sure ports 50,500,4500,8,123,1723 TCP+UDP are open, finally talking endlessly with Vodafone who have done remote access to my computer, doing 'pings' and  'tracert', the net result was that I was told there were too many high digets 100-200 therefore to much traffic, was then told that my sure signal will never function because of this fact. What is so frustrating is that the earlier sure signal (1) worked, then packed up, so a new one sent out. Since then nothing, and with 4 people in the house on Vodafone contract we are now rarely able to use the phone and for sure no 3G. Now I know Sure Signal is never guaranteed to work!

59 REPLIES 59

Did exactly what you said, plug into a friends route. Result was that instead of the 2 icons flashing (power always on), that just the first icon next to the power light flashed and so did for 3-4 hours. Brought the SS2 home, plugged into my router and this time just the one (next to power light) is continually flashing.

This sort of trial and error is rather antiqated for a modern company, surely you have simple and effective solution for all of us (and there are so many) who suffer the problems of SS.

David

Hi davidtremlett,

I appreciate what you're saying but when you plugged it in at another address, it was still initialising.

You needed to give it a bit longer in all fairness.

It's been nearly 24 hours since you posted.

How is the VSS today?

Cheers,

LeeH

It's been several days since your message as I had to work abroad, therefore no chance to sort out the SS2. So to leave off from last time, the SS was put on a friends router where it went from the 2 flashing lights to the one, which continiued to flash (this was at least a change). After 3 hours I returned home with the SS2 and put it on my router, where for the first time just the one light flashed (all this you have in my last posting). I then left to work abroad and my wife and family were unable to get a Vodafone signal. When I returned the light had stabilised and I had a 3G signal (hooray). SO FOLKS WHO HAD MY PROBLEM - 2 LIGHTS FLASHING COTINUOUSLY, TRY PUTTING ON ANOTHER ROUTER (DIFFERENT ISP) AND IF A SINGLE LIGHT APPEARS, COULD BE SOMETHING IN THE SS2 HAS BEEN JOLTED AND WHEN BAC IN ORIGINAL ROUTER WILL FIRE UP.

BUT now after putting my wife's number in the SS2 management section the machine will just not register her number. Have rebooted SS2, have rebooted IPhone, have deleted account and reset. 

It just will not recognise her number. Me no problem. I will soon have 2 more entries to arrive, so let's have a solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Hi davidtremlett,

Do you mean that you can't register her number to the Sure Signal online or that it won't connect to the Sure Signal?

If it won't register how are you entering it? Don't post her number - obviously, but are you using 07xxxxxxxxx, 447xxxxxxxxx or including a space, for example?

If the latter, are you able to put her SIM card into another phone to see if it picks up? Similarly, are you able to pop a SIM you know connects - like yours - into her phone to see if that works? This'll help us see if the issue is with the number or if it's something on the phone.

Dave

Dave

The SS2 is functioning for me. The single light in on and stable!!!

My wife's Iphone 4 telephone number with a Vodafone sim card is registered on my SS2 Users list!!

She cannot get a signal for 3G like me.

So far spoken to 3 tech assistance people.

Done everything asked for, rebooting, handset rebootings, have a look on my log details.

This sort of thing should not be happening.

David

Hi davidtremlett,

As this is only the iPhone that’s having trouble, can you tell me if you’ve recently updated the software on the iPhone and what software it’s running?

Also, does she have any problems picking up 3G whilst she is out and about?

James

It has the latest IOS 7 software and she has no problems ousite where there is a signal.

Do I have to wait another 24 hrs for a reply?

David

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Clari,

I’ve checked your serial number and this hasn’t connected to the server since 26 September and this could be what’s causing connection problems.

Please compete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Once completed, restart the phone and retest.

Thanks,

Jenny 

My iphone has been working fine all the last week!!!!

The SS2 has been steady for me so I don't understand when you say my serial number has not been connected, how was my phone working if the serial number had not been connected?

I have been talking to people for 7 days now with countless resets to try and get my wife's phone recognised.

Vodafone are now sending out a new sim card for my wife as they say that's the problem.

Seems nobody really knows what to do, just a guess work.

When my wife is back from work I will do what you say.

But as for the not being 'connected to the server since 26 September' Vodafone have resinked my SS2 at least twice so how come no serial number was connected. They asked me at least 2 times to confirm the serial number.

D

Jenny

Did as you said,

Came home to see that I had no 3G, so rebooted with power socket out, as you suggested.

After shutting my phone down and up again I received the 3G signal as is normal.

Wife came home did the sme for hers, guess what!!!!! No 3G as normal.

D