Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 2 does not work everywhere

davidtremlett
4: Newbie

I now have done every test possible, first checking with my ISP on port opening and 100% guarantee that all ports are left open, second bought brand new router incase of problems amking sure ports 50,500,4500,8,123,1723 TCP+UDP are open, finally talking endlessly with Vodafone who have done remote access to my computer, doing 'pings' and  'tracert', the net result was that I was told there were too many high digets 100-200 therefore to much traffic, was then told that my sure signal will never function because of this fact. What is so frustrating is that the earlier sure signal (1) worked, then packed up, so a new one sent out. Since then nothing, and with 4 people in the house on Vodafone contract we are now rarely able to use the phone and for sure no 3G. Now I know Sure Signal is never guaranteed to work!

59 REPLIES 59

Hi davidtremlett,

Providing the serial number that you gave us “40122917772” is correct, it hasn’t connected to the server since the 26 September.

This would normally cause an issue where you would only see the solid power light.

As this is not the case for yourself, can you firstly double check the serial number?

As your phone works fine and it’s just your wife’s phone that’s having a problem it could be an issue with the SIM ID not being recognised.

By changing the SIM you’ll have a new ID, which will normally be picked up after you remove and add the number back on after the new SIM has been activated.

If this still doesn’t work then we’ll need to get a case raised to our support teams for you.

James

SIM card changed and I hope properly registered by your vodafone personel, did all the correct things, vodafone registed my wifes sim and said SS2 users management would be updated, but still nothing, my phone OK (so SS2 working for me), but for wife NO! Telephone assistance has resinked but my wife is working so no chance till tomorrow to see if will work. All a pretty bad PR for VF.

D

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi davidtremlett,

If the SIM has been registered our end have you also removed the mobile number and re-added it on your Sure Signal user list too? If you're struggling to do it yourself via My Account, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here.

Cheers, Ben

It really amazing how AWFUL this whole SS can be. After all the trouble that has been described in the last messages and over the last weeks, we are still none the better. My wife now purchased with Vodafone the new IPhone 5 with a new sim card, everything was registered properly, we contactacted VF by phone to make sure all was correct, and to make sure that the new sim was registered on the SS system, number (correct), sim card etc.And guess what!!!!! she cannot get a 3G signal, I can, she can't. It's a nightmare why cannot you get it right??

We have done everything!! We have patiently sent weeks trying to make it work. We have left our land line for VF to call (Never do they reply) as we cannot talk on VF because they resink the line which makes it impossible to recieve calls. What do we do??????

Hi davidtremlett,

If you’re still having trouble with just the iPhone, we’ll need to get a case raised to our support teams.

From the sounds of things, the Sure Signal isn’t picking up the SIM number in the background correctly.

So we can get this escalated, please contact the team here.

James

James,

Just to let you know (sorry zero success), I had one of your 'team' on the phone and went through as I have done so many times the problem, he decided to resink the SS2 (for the 6-7 time) and asked me to wait 6 hours (again), which I did. This morning as was expected I had no 3G signal,nor my wife, so as usual I rebooted the SS2 (which usually gives me a signal (but not my wife), this time I am right back to the start of these messages, I HAVE TWO LIGHTS CONTINUALLY FLASHING, and consequently NEITHER of us have a 3G signal. Of course I ring VF and go through the usual proceedure reeboot, wait ad now nobody has a signal and I am right back at the beginning. DO YOU THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE SS2?????

My title 'Sure Signal 2 does not work everywhere' is still so relevant.

I hope all those reading this do not have the time wasting 6-8 weeks that I have had!!

Hi davidtremlett,

If you believe the VSS is faulty, you can arrange for a repair or rplacement.

Click here for what to do next.

Cheers,

LeeH

So I am back again, I waited 12 days for my replacement SS (now SS3) to arrive. At least 10,12ago I was able to talk t someone her name was Habeel in the 2nd Line Technical Team and she was courteous and extremely helpful and at least rang me back to check things plus went in on my computer to check the router setting were OK, thanks Habeel! I do hope I can reach you if needed again. It was she whomade sure a new SS was supplied. So now I have a new one, deleted my SS setup (name, serial # etc) and put up the new details. Plug in, now 2 hours later, Red light flashing #1 icon (globe with arrow going around) amber colour and that's it!! I REALLY HOPE THE WHOLE SAME WASTE OF TIME DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. Especially when this message arrives : "Your Vodafone Sure Signal is now ready to use, by you and all the people you have registered to it. To add new numbers to your Sure Signal go to vodafon e.co.uk/suresignal"

Let see what happens.

Things have changed, Red solid and Internet connection flashing will leave overnight and we will see.

Hi David,

I have been following your posts to keep up with progress (or, more accurately, lack of progress!).  I will be thinking of you and your new VSS3 overnight and will try to emit waves of postive thoughts (instead of vodafone inflicted cynical ones), in the hope that they help to ensure you finally reach a good outcome for both you and your wife when you try to use the VSS 3G connection in the morning. 

I shall sleep with everything crossed!! 😉

Hers's hoping........