Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 Factory Reset

cyclingjason
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Support Team

Please can you remind me how to factory reset the SS3 ?

Problem

My SS seems to have forgotten about my phones (or vice Versa). All lights are good, but the phones never mount the SS3.

I did a reset by holding the button for around 10 seconds, but to no avail.

I think there is a 'harder' reset that can be done, but all info I have found thus far refers to pulling out the power cable, which the SS3 does not have. Is the procedure still the same ? (just turning off the plug, rather than pulling the cable ?

Apologies, I would normally post all the IP details but I am posting from work and want to try somethnig tonight when I get home. If no luck after the hard reset I will post up full info.

I do know the Serial number if that is of any help.

Serial Number

Thanks

Jason

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jason,

Below is the following methods to reset the device.

•Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds will factory reset the device. This will trigger the software reload and profile sync to the Femto.

You can turn the device off by holding the reset button for 20 seconds, this can be turned on again by pressing the reset button or by unplugging and then reconnecting the device.

Have you upgraded the phones or SIMs recently? If so, you'll need to remove the numbers from the admin page and then add them again so the new SIMs are recognised.

DaveCD

Thanks Dave

I will give that a go.

One of the phones has been upgraded recently, but it is the one linked to the primary account so not in the editable user list. is there anything I need to do for this one ? No change on the other 2 phones that normally connect.

Hi Jason,

You could change the owner to one of the other numbers and then remove what was the primary number.

After you’ve done this wait 24 hours to add it back on.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi...I have just transported my O2 number over to my new Vodafone contract and since doing so my Sure Signal box (purchased two weeks ago) isnt showing as registered on MY Vodafone page. However it is still working fine with my Iphone 6. How do I register the SS with my new number so that I can get it back on My Vodafone/My Sure Signal in order to manage it? I don't want to press any reset buttons as it is working fine but I just can't manage it in My Vodafone.

Thanks

Hi pmplace,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B