cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 Failed - Vodafone - have a pat on the back for a job well done.

tonyvcarter
6: Helper
6: Helper

I mentioned on someone else's post that my SureSignal 3 had stopped working - all lights out. There was evidence inside of scorching and a disintegrated component. I never asked for anything.

I had a spare SS3 so was not incovenienced. I never expected anything as it was out of warranty, although one person suggested I ask for a free replacement as it was a known problem - too much hassle I thought.

Someone at Vodafone picked up on my post and after a couple of messages back and forth AND Vodafone phoning me!- mostly to get my identity, a new SS3 arrived safely on Saturday, by courier - 2 days earlier than I was promised.

So take a pat on the back all those involved especially Social Media Comms - I've grumbled a lot in the past so its only fair to acknowledge a job well done.

Thank You

(just don't spoil it now by asking me to do a tracert, ping or check my bandwith, in response to this posting!!  🙂  )

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That's fantastic that your situation has been picked up on @tonyvcarter and a reasonable resolution agreed. 

Im sure your post will be picked up on as all posts are read and fedback. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Great you got your free exchange..

A little frustrating that Vodafone are still denying a fault with the device and its design or component choice.

However, a few moaned at me when I started to make noises about this device, even accused of spamming this eForum but the result was that many are now getting free replacements.

DID YOU REPORT IT TO THE BBC AND TRADING STANDARDS?

If not, you need to regardless of the replacement as there are many many of these devices out in the field which all carry a risk of fire or power loss to a property, so if you have not already, ensure you do.

Details of how to report on my other posts...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)