Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 Location

BKMD
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Have Sure signal registered, and correct postcode entered, however location on phone shows as being 324 miles away from my location.  Have had my account reset twice today via online chat to no avail.  I read earlier on this forum one suggestion is to turn off location via mobile network on my handset. Not an option for me.  HTC choice is (Mobile network, GPS and WiFi), (WiFi and Mobile network) or (GPS only)  When indoors I have no GPS Signal therfore location is unavailable as are apps that require a location.  In any case this is not acceptable to have to use a "workaround"  esp as part of the setup instructions states it is important to enter correct postcode into configuration in order for emergency services to pinpoint my location.  Is it not possible to manually enter a post code or GPS co ordinates into my sure signal?

14 REPLIES 14

Ok so I'm back and no further forward with this.  Resync carried out by Rahim changed location to Richmond rather than Yarm, it's been toggling between actual location and Richmond ever since.  Have had the unit re registered again via online support, no difference despite the operative assuring me that it will work this time.  Have tried to carry out a factory reset but there are no instructions provided with the unit as to how to do this.  Even on this forum there does not appear to be agreement as to how this is done.  Slowly reaching my wits end with this. Any more suggestions will be gratefully received.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BKMD Sorry to hear this didn't resolve your issue. 

We'll need to factory reset the Sure Signal device on your behalf. Get in touch with our team via Live Chat and we'll process this for you. 

If you're still having trouble after the factory reset, please let us know. 

@Rahim Tried another reset myself earlier to no avail.  Clicked on the link to live chat in your message, but it didnt open I received an error message instead with Exception ID: 314463ED.

Couldnt find a link to live chat on the main website support menu, had to click through a link in a FAQ question.  Only to find that tech support for Sure Signal via chat is only available from 08.00 am to 08.00 pm.  I will try again tomorrow.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@BKMD wrote:

Couldnt find a link to live chat on the main website support menu, had to click through a link in a FAQ question.  

If I need to use LiveChat, I tend to go through the Contact Us section and launch it from there.

To make things a bit easier for you, you can also access it via this link

PWIAC

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BKMD Sorry to hear about this. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on.