Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 - NO POWER

nsrobins
2: Seeker

Hello
Using Sure Signal 3 for approx 10 months. Occasional issues but otherwise reliable.
Now no power today (no lights). Troubleshooting based on lights does not inclide NO LIGHTS!
Have performed pings, plug swaps, etc, but I assume all issues start with getting power on?

Needed urgently for work office - at the moment I have no phone service.
Is it terminal or are there diagnostics not described in the guides?

Thanks

S/N of unit 40134610514

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @nsrobins

If there are no lights then it suggests there’s no power.

As its version 3, we can’t ask you to try a different power supply.

In this case, I’d suggest a repair.

Thanks,

Simon

Having the same problem, but no solution for me.  Called support and they have had me do a 30sec press of the reset button and assured me that after six hours it would come back to life.  It had not.

No starting the arduous process of trying to get back to support to arrange a replacement.

As I have no coverage here I have to have this working or I cannot do my job.  might have to consider a network with better coverage and support than VF.

An update, finally got hold of someone at VF (who was having trouble hearing me because the network is so poor)

They now agree that the SS is dead and needs replacing.  

Bad news, apparently VF have non in stock and no idea when they will get some.  The would not even take the order for a warranty replacement, so I have to call back every couple of days in the hope they might hav some and deign to send me one.

As my business depends on telephone and the local network has got worse in the ten months since VF gave me this SS to plug the hole in their coverage, I now have no business phone and no idea when I might be able to use it again.  My customer do so love when I have to call them back after driving a couple of miels to find a good signal.

So if your SS goes wrong at the moment do not expct VF to help at all.  We only have these things to cover over where VF do not wish to invest in their network and now they cannot replace them when they go wrong.

Thanks for nothing VF!

nsrobins
Thanks Simon
I actually got it to work again by leaving it unplugged for an hour then re plugging it in
After a few minutes it came back to life and is now fine
Cheers