Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 dead after powercut?

neilboyfield
4: Newbie

Hi guys

Had a massive thunderstorm here earlier which cut the power. Everything came back on besides the sure signal, which now isn't responding at all. No matter how long I hold the button down, no lights come on. Any ideas?

Serail number: 40131564300

Thanks

Neil

23 REPLIES 23

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi neilboyfield,

I've successfully completed a resync of your Sure Signal, which should resolve the issue.

To complete the process, please follow the steps below:

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour 

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt

Thanks but this hasn't worked. No matter how long I hold down the reset button, nothing happens, no lights come on at all, not even the red power light. Any other ideas? 

Neil

Hi, I have exactly the same problem on returning from holiday - absolutely no response from the unit at all. Nothing. 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Neil - Your unit still hasn't connected to our servers since 10 August. So we can rule out something else, please use Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. Just post back your results here if you’re not directed to an existing thread. :Winking_smiley:

DavidBole - De-registering your Sure Signal and registering it again can help reboot it following a power cut. If that doesn't work, please use the guide I've posted to Neil so we can collect your details.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben

The troubleshooting thread is for different light sequences. The problem is that I have no lights, no red light, no white or orange lights, none at all.

Hi Ben

Thank you for your reply.

I have exactley the same thing. No lights, no vague hum, nothing, nada dead completely dead. It was fine before we went on holiday. I turned the power off for two weeks and now its caput. Can the transformers die?

D

Hi Neil and DavidBole,

It sounds as though you've both got power issues.

You'll need to purchase a new AC adaptor for the Sure Signal and this should resolve the issue.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Hi Matt_B

Thank you for the reply. There is a steady 12v coming from my adapter. It's always in a protected supply, so surprised that this has died. 

D

Are you able to tell me what my options are now?

Thank you.