Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 dead after powercut?

neilboyfield
4: Newbie

Hi guys

Had a massive thunderstorm here earlier which cut the power. Everything came back on besides the sure signal, which now isn't responding at all. No matter how long I hold the button down, no lights come on. Any ideas?

Serail number: 40131564300

Thanks

Neil

23 REPLIES 23

So, I'll bump this before I start tweeting it. 

Let's review: 

I bought a sure signal box (albeit at a reduced price) because there is no signal in our area. This very clever marketing strategy means that you get people paying for both the capital installation and the running of (broadband and electricity) your network rather than you invest in providing a better network. 

The box breaks.

I now have to stump up another £100 to buy a new one. Could you tell me what the production cost of a suresignal box is? I bet it isn't £100?

Oh and can you give me any reasons why we should stay with Vodafone?

I look forward to hearing from you soon 

Hi DavidBole,

If you've had the Sure Signal less than 2 years, we can have a look into repairing it for you.

As the adaptor is still providing power, there may well be an issue with the internals.

You can arrange a repair by following the instructions here.

I can't give you the specific figure but I know we do subsidise the cost down to £100.

Thanks,

Matt B

Mine wasn't even after a power cut. I just outha town for 2 weeks, came back and noticed signal has been very bad lately, complained to a customer service representative and I hear i have to BUY another one since i've had the suresignal for over 2yrs. 

So the box breaks and I have to PAY to have signal even after being with Vodaphone business for 5yrs of being here, really? I have 2 lines that expire 2015 and 2016. I have been told the fee for cancellation and i see how it works. I get lured to stay everytime my contract is about to expire but you guys really dont care about the service in between. All good. Time is never stagnant!

Jimmy

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@adjoto

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results.

Your ping test results.

Your external IP address.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

The problem is that there is no light coming on the device completely. No red, no white or orange lights, no lights.

Hi..you're  wasting your  time. These  guys are just window dressing. I posted  all the  information they requested 6  days  ago...when I complained  that  nobody from the 'Tech Team' had responded,  I had a  Senior  Administrator  on my tail  , telling me that it couldtake up to 48 hours  for  the Techie  to respond. I thought  of  pointing out that 6 days  was  longer  than 48 hours...but  didn't  want to overwhelm his brain.Can't  wait for my Vodaphone contract to  expire.

Hi @adjoto,

Sorry to hear you feel this way.

Have you tried a new power supply?

Thanks,

Rodney  

New power supply, new lead  from  router  to SS, reboot  router  and  reboot SS. What else is there?

I got another one. Case closed!

adjoto....what about  all the  port  opening etc...did you manage  to do that yourself?