Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 only connects to phone after airplane mode

attic
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My suresignal works, but does not connect automatically to our iphones.  All lights are on and it has been reset etc a few times recently to try to solve this.

Every day, when we are in range of the SS, we need to put our phones into airplane mode to turn off 3G, then when we take it out of airplane mode the phone connects to the SS and all works fine.

If we go out of range and pick up a mast signal, the phone will not reconnect to SS until we put it into airplane mode (or turn it off and back on again).

What can we do to fix this?

thanks

15 REPLIES 15

It is at work.  The IT guy says that everything is set up fine from a security point of view.

This morning, I turned on airplane mode, then off again.  My phone connected and full signal.

So I have:

1. Sometimes it connects fine (rarely - once or twice in the last month)
  2. Sometimes it connects only when I cycle airplane mode (most days)
  3. Sometimes it does not connect at all - resetting phone does not help, resetting SS does not help (4 or 5 times)

To me, this means that it is not a security setting, otherwise it would not work at all.

Any more ideas?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi attic,

Please test this at a different location (for example at home).

If not, please try your Sure Signal in a different plug socket that may be more open.

Thanks,

Gemma

WHat will that tell me?

Right now, I am connected (because I went into airplane mode). It is working, so the socket is open and the connection is working.

If I go home and it connects, that only matches the fact that sometimes in the office it connects?

But anyway, I will try it.  Am away tonight, but will do it over the weekend.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi attic,

Thanks for the update.

Testing it elsewhere helps us to narrow down where the issue lies. It’ll determine a fault with the unit, or a problem with the ISP setup. 

Cheers, Ben

I took it home over the weekend and plugged in there.

All three lights came on, but I could not get my phone to connect to it.

This morning, back in the office, it has restartedm all lights are on, but my phone will not connect to it.

Don't think the problem is with the phone, as our other office has sure signals and my phone connects to them with no problem.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi attic,

Thanks for updating the thread. It looks like we'll need to have your Sure Signal in for repair. You can find out how to arrange this in your local store or 191 here

Cheers, Ben