Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 - power light flashing

edbond
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I received my sure signal yesterday.

Registered and recieved confirmation text and email at 1730 and 1735.

Since then the red light continues to flash, the far 2 lights remain on constantly.

I have tried it in 2 network ports / 2 cables and tested the both.

I connected my laptop to the sure signal pc port and could browse the interenet with wifi off.

i have been told it could take 24 hours for the sure signal to contact the server and register?!

I was told to leave it off for 24 hours.....

Someone help please.

This sure signal was provided by my employer.

thanks

ed

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Has the device been registered against a Vodafone account?  If not, it won't work.

It may be an idea to go through the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread as this may help you to resolve your issue. If it doesn't, please post back here, providing the information requested. 

PWIAC

Yes both the suresignal is registered with vodafone and I have a mobile number linked to it. 

Trouble shooting guide followed

The power light continues to flash

It seems that there are many SS owners who are experiencing connection failures with the device, me included. 

After many months trying to get Vodafone to acknowledge my letters of complaint over a faulty SS3, and only getting a response following the threat of court action, I've just received a replacement unit yesterday, from my local Vodafone shop (the box said 'nearly new').  The faulty unit showed a red flashing power light and far 2 lights solid yellow.   I've registered the replacement unit and low and behold the replacement unit is also showing the same light configuration.  All Vodafone have said is leave it for 24 hours and if not working then take it back to the shop!!

It seems clear to me, and I'm sure many other Vodafone subscribers who have this device, that the device is far to susceptible to failure than it should be, for whatever reason.  Vodafone need to address this matter properly and make sure when they sell a device it is robust and offers a bombproof solution to poor connectivity.  As it stands now, it fails miserably.  As such I'm in the same boat as many other Vodafone subscribers, living with a hopeless signal, where I have to go to the end of my driveway to make a call or send a text or email.

Hi everyone, 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Sarah