Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 problem

k4mster
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have had the sure signal for a couple of months and its all work great until recently.  The issue I have is intermittent but can be upto 3 times per day, which makes it unuseable.  The issues can be fixed everytime by a reboot of the sure unit, althogh the fix doesn't last long.

The fault is that I will be notified that people cant call me on my mobile as it goes through to VM.    Most times I can dial out at this stage, but there have been instances where when dialling out I just get silence.

If I look at my mobile it is getting a full signal from the sure box and the lights on the box are both white and the power LED is red as they should be.

Becuase the reception is always showing as good, I never know when the fault has happend until someone tells me or I have to keep testing my mobile number from a landline which is expensive and also inconvenient.

I dont see this as a router / port forwarding issue because a reboot of the sure signal fixes the fault temporariy.  Rebooting my mobile phone does not fix the fault.

Please help as its driving me mad!  Does it need a re-sync at your end and a factory reset this end etc?

My serial number is 42143133454

Thanks

Kam

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @paulcourtyard,

Please deregister the Sure Signal for at least six hours before re-registering.  

If this doesn't help, please try a different Ethernet cable. 

We'll need the following information if the above doesn't help;

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Kay

Has started working again, these things are a pain !