Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 problems again

Nokk
4: Newbie
A couple of months back I was getting intermittent connectivity with the sure signal. You guys performed a resync and this resolved the problem.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting fewer and fewer connection periods, today I deregistered/registered nd reset but still no connection. Please can you resync again?

Thanks
Nokk
8 REPLIES 8

Nokk
Well seems ok this morning as I have a full signal but cannot add additional users. Tried to add additional vodafone numbers but keep getting a message saying 'there appears to be a problem.....working to fix it'. Contacted live chat who said they added the numbers for me but on checking my account they hadn't which was dissapointing.

Is this a wider problem with adding users and I need to wait for the fix?

Nokk
And back to no signal again for the last 24 hrs despite all lights on the sure signal 🙁

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk Sorry to hear about your trouble. 

It can take up to 24 hours for any changes to a Sure Signal to settle (adding/removing numbers). 

So we can take a look at your device, can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

The issue you’re experiencing:

1. Intermittent connectivity with my mobile and the sure signal despite the sure signal lights being soild.

2. Also i cannot add my wife's vodafone mobile number - error message below is displayed..tried on laptop, mobile tablet etc

(Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1024 - [2c2])

What light sequence you're seeing: 3 solid lights 

Your speed test results from here.

Ping 9ms / Down 37.43 Mbps /Up 1.81 Mbps

Your external IP address from here.

IP 51.9.162.35

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms be3-3104.psb-ir01.plus.net [195.166.143.136]
5 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms 195.99.125.134
6 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 213.121.193.207
7 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms t2c3-et-3-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.236]
8 178 ms 8 ms 8 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Nokk
So I seem to have isolated the problem to my wife's vodafone mobile number. I degistered, attempted to register under her account and this came up with an error. After re-registering on my account I found I can add a friends vodafone mobile but still not my wife's. Just to confirm that she doesn't have any other sure signals registered to her.

Please advise
Nokk

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk That's strange to hear. 

You'll need to get in touch with our Live Chat team for further investigation, as you've mentioned you're only having trouble with 1 number specifically. 

Nokk
After 2 live chat sessions and 1 phone call, where on all 3 occasions they advised they had successful added the number in question...they had not. Not great customer service!

So I have now Googled and read this has happened quite often to others so please can you provide some further help

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nokk I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.