Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 with BT Home Hub 3 Problems

bigcat49
4: Newbie

New to Vodafone. Live in a small village so Sure Signal seemed like a godsend. Reason I changed to Vodafone. No luck with SS3 connections. Opened ports as requested, IP is PPPOA, MTU field set to 1500. Download 6 MB, upload .36MB, iMac with latest O/S, so should work. I get a solid Red light and a 'slowly pulsating' white light next to it. Tried all manner of resets. No change. SS3 info. PN 3JR09113ABBA (V3 -EC - PLUG) S/N 40131013290. Dont know what else to do. Help !!!!!:smileysad:

35 REPLIES 35

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigcat49

The port should be 123 and not 1123, can you confirm you've tried with this?

I've checked your IP address and everything seems fine with this.

Have you tested the Sure Signal at a different location? 

Thanks

Sukhi

Used port 123 forwarded. Not had chance to try at another location. Not easy in a small village.

Still pulsating internet light to its hearts content. Any further thoughts from the Tech team????

Hi bigcat49,

Was this after you'd tried an alternate connection or still on the usual one?

If the second connection had the same problem then I'd suggest sending the Sure Signal for repair.

Dave

As I stated in previous posting, not easy to find somebody else to try this out. Will give it a go as soon as I can.

If I try it at a different location, will I have to re-register at this new location?

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there bigcat49,

It's not essential as we only need to see if it'll connect while at the other address.

Cheers,

LeeH

I am now at the point of giving up. Taken the SS3 off line till I've got rid of my frustration, then may try again....Watch this space....:manmad:

Hi bigcat49,

I’m sorry to hear that, we’re doing all we can to help you. If you do manage to try your Sure Signal on a different connection, let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

I have just allocated my SS3 a static ip address to see if that might help. Is it possible for you to reset from your end? Still trying all options.