Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3 works, but have to reboot every morning

barryflynn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Whenever I come into my office in the morning, the Sure Signal 3 just shows a single Orange light on the left.

I switch it on and off, and have on several occasions carried out a reset as well. It then syncs up and it generally works fine, although sometimes it goes back to just the single Orange light for no reason.

I have a Virgin Super Hub and saw elsewhere in the forums that there were some extra 'advanced' settings that could be tweaked, which I have also done.

But it still needs regulator rebooting.

Any suggestions?

(I looked at the various light combinations displayed in the posts at the top of this list and none seem to apply, so I haven't implemented any relevant troubleshooting steps).

Barry

12 REPLIES 12

Hi adamross100

So that we can work out with it’s a faulty device or a connection issue, we’ll need you to test it on another line as Lee suggested on your other post.

You say that you’ve done a reset, but has your Sure Signal been resynced at all? I couldn’t see it any replies to your other posts.

Thanks

Simon

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Barry,

Once we have the details Matt has asked for we'll be able to investigate and suggest further. 

Do you also know if the power is switched off overnight at any point in the office? What you've described is similar to what we see following power cuts. 

Cheers, Ben

Hi, thanks for this.

I'll try and assemble all this, but wondering if you have alternative instructions for a Mac?

No, this is for my home office, and the device is plugged straight into the wall-socket, it's not on any timer.

Also, although it's consistently off the following morning, it also drops out occasionally during the day once it's re-synced - but I only register that fact if I either happen to check the device or receive a dodgy quality incoming call or perhaps fail to make an outgoing one. So I think it's probably random, but time constrained - viz it'll stay up for varying times before it drops, but never longer than, say, 8 hours. That would explain why it's off every morning.

Cheers,

Barry