Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal 3

vodaxxphone
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

After trying to get my Sure Signal unit working (it stopped suddenly at the beginning of the month) and making my 15th (yes, really) call to Customer Services they tell me that I must have the wifi on the phone switched off for it to work. Can this be true? I thought the Sure  Signal worked on the GSM bands not wifi. Every time I call them they tell me they have reset the system and I must wait 6 hours before I call them again, after 15 attempts I suspect I am just being fobbed off.

Where do I go next to get the unit replaced or cost refunded? The Egypt based support staff seem unfamiliar with English consumer law.

7 REPLIES 7

gdavs
4: Newbie

@vodaxxphone wrote:

After trying to get my Sure Signal unit working (it stopped suddenly at the beginning of the month) and making my 15th (yes, really) call to Customer Services they tell me that I must have the wifi on the phone switched off for it to work. Can this be true? I thought the Sure  Signal worked on the GSM bands not wifi. Every time I call them they tell me they have reset the system and I must wait 6 hours before I call them again, after 15 attempts I suspect I am just being fobbed off.

Where do I go next to get the unit replaced or cost refunded? The Egypt based support staff seem unfamiliar with English consumer law.

That's absolute rubbish. The sure signal is completely independent of the wifi, your phone should work on the sure signal with wifi switched on.

Maybe some vodafone bods on here can help you out. probably more support than egypt

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi vodaxxphone,

As you suggest the Sure Signal is completely separaet to the WiFi. You should be abeoslutely fine having your WiFi on which in range of the SureSignal. 

If it's still not working try following the steps in the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread.

This should direct you to the appropriate thead for suggestions on ow to resolve the issue. If you still don't get anywhere post back here with the serial number of the box and one of the eForum team can take a look for you

Nabs

Serial number is 40134919246

All the self help steps have been carried out, see below for list. Could it be a SAC/LAC compatibility issue?

If unable to get the unit working how can i get it replaced?

Comments;

Problems with Sure Signal unit purchased March 2014

The system will not make outgoing calls, after calling the handset shows ‘call ended’ and then ‘call failed’.

The Suresignal has been working perfectly OK  for 3 months, it suddenly stopped 4 weeks ago, no changes were made to the set-up here.

The system can send texts OK

The system will receive calls and texts OK, communication is fine for an incoming call.

Only one handset is registered with the Suresignal

The handset, iphone 5s, works perfectly well in an area with a normal signal.

The Suresignal 3 lights are all OK, solid red, 2 solid whites

The Suresignal gives a solid 4 bars of signal on the handset.

The system does not work even when all other internet activity is stopped.

I have reset the phone several times

I have reset the Suresignal several times

iphone SIM card has been changed by the local Vodaphone store

Software updates have been loaded onto the Suresignal.

Internet speeds are 3.6 down and 0.6 up. Only one handset is registered.

Hi vodaxxphone, 

It could be a SAC issue as what you're seeing is related to location. I've had an update pushed to your Sure Signal which should resolve this. 

Please turn your phone off and back on after 24 hours. 

Let me know how you get on, 

Kay

Still not working, still can't make calls. This is getting a little tiresome, I have lost count of the number of times that software has been pushed to my Sure Signal unit over the last 4 weeks.

Who can I talk to to get this resolved? I have tried the support line 15 times, I have started 2 threads on the eForum and sent an email expressing my displeasure to Customer Relations - despite their claim to respond in 48 hours this has been ignored.

How do I move on from here?

Hi vodaxxphone,

If you've had the Sure Signal less than 2 years, please have a look here for our repairs procedure.

If you've had the device longer than this time, you'll need to order a new Sure Signal.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Fixed it myself. Looking at the possibilityof a SAC issue I 'moved' the unit to an adjacent postcode - acually only 50m down the road. Now all is working.

So thanks very much to the telephone support team who, over the course of the 4 weeks it took to fix, told me;

1. The phone must have 4G mode turned off - untrue

2. The phone must have wifi turned off - untrue

3. My internet connection does not have sufficient bandwidth - untrue

4. The phone SIM card needed to be replaced - untrue

Perhaps more training is in order?