cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Available For Those Not Getting a Proper Service?

whiphaven
4: Newbie
I have gone weeks now without a proper signal, and 99% of the time had no signal at all. There have been 3 separate incidents on here for HR2 area, and now it has been suggested by Vodafone Customer Services that I switch my phone to GSM only. I do now have minimal signal, but still taking time to send texts, and I don't think I could make a call without breaking up and the signal dropping. For customers like me who have paid for a service for the last 6 weeks of my new contract, is there a deal available for Sure Signal at cost price? I have been advised by Citizens Advice that I can cancel my contract for no service, but this is silly, I have been with Vodafone for over 10 years! Is there a deal available for people like me? After reading the problems people have had with Sure Signal, I am reluctant to pay out another £100 to get something that might not work. Or maybe Vodafone could supply me one on trial? Come on Vodafone, I am a loyal customer - please sort something out for me.
3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The £100 price tag of the SureSignal is apparently below the cost price of the device - I recall seeing one of the eForum Team say that they cost in the region of £250 to produce.  Vodafone won't move on that price I'm afraid.

PWIAC

Are there any guarantees with them do you know? If it doesn't work can you get your money back?

Hi whiphaven,

As with any technology there aren’t any guarantees.

When it comers to the Sure Signal there can sometimes be some extra configuration required to get it up and running but in most cases, it is plug and play.

If it doesn’t work , you still have 7 days to test and return it under distant selling regulations.

James