Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal Box Issue - 3 Lights indicating all is ok but no 3G connection

highpeak23
2: Seeker

Hi

Have a VSS box ( version 1 ) for 3 years and up until a couple of days ago worked without any problems on both

my iphone 3 handset and my wifes HTC Wildfire.

2 days ago it stopped working and have been through all the trouble shooting guides - resets , power downs , de register and then register etc but with no success. The router box is picking up 3g Wifi on the handsets quite happily and the VSS box is showing solid lights on Box 1 2 and 4 as it should do.

Sure Signal Box Code is 21197170141.

Any help on what appears to be a common problem reading the forum posts would be very my appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

highpeak23
No joy in being able to get ANY response from The Technical Services Dept to help on the problems experienced. - just goes to show how poor and unresponsive Vodafone are to user issues - so much for being a communication company !! Very unimpressed to say the least !!!

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi highpeak23,

I’m sorry it’s taken a while to reply to you, we’re proving to be very popular at the moment and it’s taking longer than we’d like to respond to posts.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see it connected to our servers yesterday at 22:16, are you still unable to connect?

To make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just performed a resync for you.

To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew