Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal - Call Audio Quality Issues

msharpe3875
4: Newbie

I am experiencing audio quality issues with my 3 sure signal v3 devices I have around my home.  All 3 have started to have the same problem.  I have read the post "Sure Signal - Call Audio Quality Issues" and followed the protocol.  Resetting has done nothing.  My broadband speeds are download 8mbps and upload 0.8mbps.  When I dial 121 for voicemail I cannot make out the conversation.

Please can you helpe

6 REPLIES 6

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi msharpe3875

I'd take a guess that your upload speed may be the issue. Has your upload speed always been so low?
I used to experience issues when my upload speed dropped below 1mbps

N

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@msharpe3875 - Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.

• Your ping test results from here.

• Your external IP address from here.

• The results of a traceroute.

• Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run

2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

3. A black box will appear.

4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Pingtest

1% packet loss

Ping 62ms

Jitter 43ms

Speedtest

7.01mbps download

0.83mbps upload

Suresignal serial nos

@msharpe3875 If the serial numbers for the 3 Sure Signal boxes are used within the same building/close to eachother, this will have a negative affect on the service.

Try it with only one of the device's running, as this will increase tour connection speeds and improve the productivity of the box.

Hi

2 are in opposite corners of the ground floor and the 3rd is in the loft.  It's a big house which is why we need 3.  I've followed the guidance not to move around the house while on a call to make sure there's no loss of connection from the suresignal i'm connected to at the time of making the call.

Thanks

Matt

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@msharpe3875 Did the information Cailen provide help with your issue? 

As your router upload speed doesn't meet the minimum requirement of 1MB per second, this may be the reason calls sound distorted. 

It may be worth contacting your internet service provider to discuss your upload speed.